Bolt action experts in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt action experts in here

bought a new gun , Savage model 10 in .308 took it to the range on saturday to sight in the scope.first 15 rounds no problems, next round all i heard was a " click " pulled back on the bolt removed the round and no marks on the primer. put the round back in and pushed the bolt in hard and locked it down with a little more force than normal. pulled the trigger and "boom " . any explanation for this, i have never had this happen before. bad ammo or damaged firing pin. ammo use was hornady super performance in 150 gain. should i take it back or have a smith look at it.

Sounds like a firing pin malfunction or possibly the bolt is not locking properly. Perhaps some factory lube has congealed inside the bolt.
    I would recommend cleaning it thoroughly with a good solvent (something like Birchwood-Casey Gun Scrubber) and after it is thoroughly dried, use a CLP (I'm partial to M-Pro 7) sparingly.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I will give it a try thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X