No announcement yet.

Free Float Handguards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that it is one contact point and not two like the regular handguards.

When it comes to harmonics this will help. Especially if you are putting pressure on it. Or Your hands in a certain spot, so on and so on.

The ar free floats are not going to make the gun a automatic tac driver, but it takes a few variables out, and That adds to a more consistent shot placement.

Comment

Tacticool

Comment

Accuracy and stability. That's it for me. I'm going to put the Midwest industries free-float quad rail they have for $200 on my middy after I sell the A2 I'm putting together. No gunsmithing required...just need to cut off the existing delta ring and it drops in with basic hand tools. I really like the MOE handguards I have on there, but with a foregrip attached I really notice the side-to-side movement and that doesn't fly with me.

Bottom line...if you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

I would put $500 on the fact that you could not see any discernible difference in accuracy at 100 yards between a standard handguard, and a free float. Hell, I'll even test it for you if you want.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Do it.

I'd like to see your results.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              I would put $500 on the fact that you could not see any discernible difference in accuracy at 100 yards between a standard handguard, and a free float. Hell, I'll even test it for you if you want.
              On a 16" barrel combat oriented gun, I agree completely.

Comment

Working...
              X