Anyone ever use gunbroker.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever use gunbroker.com?

Looking for any personal expediences with gunbroker.com To me it looks like ebay for guns. I signed up because there are a few things on there much cheaper than I could find around here. I have not bought anything yet but am very tempted.

I use it as a guide for what the market is doing. I have never purchased anything.

You can usually find what you are looking for cheaper.

Comment

Rarely do you find good deals, but it does happen. Ive have bought quite a bit, you just have to be patient and keep trolling.
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

I use it weekly.

Comment

Bought a pistol off there a few years ago. The seller fucked me out of a case and some paperwork but I got a smoking deal on a HK USP so I let it go. It was a buy it now type of auction.

Comment

Thinkin about picking up a walther p22 in pink for the wife off there. Figure she could "feel" safer and I could plink with it for cheap. Prices seem fair on some and stupid on others. You can use that site as a bargaining tool in some cases though as it's pretty reputable.

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

I've bought a few firearms off of there, several accessories and ammo. Never had a problem. It seems both the sellers and buyers are of a better mindset than your typical crowds.

Comment

I bought a pistol off of there about 2 months ago. Had no problems and got a great deal.

Comment

I've not bought off of GB. I use it as a means of gauging market value.

Comment

If by "Giraffe Pussy" market, then yes it's accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      If by "Giraffe Pussy" market, then yes it's accurate.
                      Its just like anywhere else or ANY gun show. The shotgun I am looking at I found for a minimum of $100 cheaper than anywhere else I have found it online. On the other hand there is some nut on there that wants $600 more than it could be bought for at any store.

I went ahead and "pulled the trigger" on the purchase and I will let you guys know how it turned out when its all said and done. I am sure in some corner of the interent someone has one for a tad cheaper than what I paid. I have been looking for about 2 weeks now so if its out there it has eluded me.

If you are wondering I bought a Remington 1100 Tac-2 shotgun.

Comment

I've bought a few things from there. Hell, the biggest problem I have is their search engine and overall interface.

People are people and like posted above, this is ebay for guns. Although, I've only bought accessories SO FAR.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                          Thinkin about picking up a walther p22 in pink for the wife off there. Figure she could "feel" safer and I could plink with it for cheap. Prices seem fair on some and stupid on others. You can use that site as a bargaining tool in some cases though as it's pretty reputable.
                          I just bought a bersa thunder .22 , it's way cool,looks like a .380, and has functioned perfectly so far.
                          It was somewhere around 300, great southwest gun has another one in stock if your looking for one

Comment

Working...
                          X