Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irving gun show 3/5-3/6

Anybody going?

I'm heading out but I'm expecting it to be a pretty small show similar to Allen.

Post up what you find.

I'll be looking for a deal on a 686 or GP100 and some AR related items.

My gf and I went. She was looking for a Beretta 96 Inox. She found one for $10 less than Academy Sports but we didn't bring cash. Duh. She ended up buying the one at Academy. If anything goes wrong with it, Academy will take care of shipping ship it to the manufacturer and receiving it. You just bring it back to the store and pick it up later.
    Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Pretty much everyone's prices were higher than usual. I was let down so to console myself I bought the Magpul Carbine DVDs.

Comment

I grabbed a hard chrome/gray Kel-Tec PF9 and box of ammo.
        Also got an AR15 fixed stock w/buffer etc and a 6-position collapsible stock w/buffer etc for $60!!

Comment

I got a springfield TRP in stainless. I have got to find some help for this 1911 addiction!!

But it is a sweet one, especially with the handmade Stag grips I got for it..... Pics to come...
          2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
          2011 Harley Davidson F150
          2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Originally posted by TexasVert View Post
            I got a springfield TRP in stainless. I have got to find some help for this 1911 addiction!!

But it is a sweet one, especially with the handmade Stag grips I got for it..... Pics to come...
            I have yet to shoot a 1911. I figure after these ARs are build that will be my next purchase.

Comment

Prices were about 10% higher than past shows on most things I look at.

I just came away with some pmags, magazine assists (don't really know why I bought those), front sight tool and a mid length quad rail.

I like that venue though. It was very easy to move about.
              Last edited by cad424; 03-06-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

The prices were definitly higher than the last few shows I went to. I ended up getting some 223 and 7.62 ammo but that was about it. Hell I could have gotten that at cheaper than dirt in McKinney for a couple bucks less but I would have spent the gas money to get there so it equaled itself out. Nice show but they need to get realistic with the prices there.

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                  The prices were definitly higher than the last few shows I went to. I ended up getting some 223 and 7.62 ammo but that was about it. Hell I could have gotten that at cheaper than dirt in McKinney for a couple bucks less but I would have spent the gas money to get there so it equaled itself out. Nice show but they need to get realistic with the prices there.
                  agreed. i went, nice venue though. i came out with an ammo tin, everything else was not what i wanted to spend

Comment

Working...
                  X