Alpine Today 3/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine Today 3/3

I'm gonna head out there around 3pm and do some sighting-in at the 100 yard range. If anybody else wants to come out, do so. If you don't know me, I'll be wearing a gray O'reilly Fall Nationals shirt.
    http://www.alpinerange.com/map.htm
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

If i didn't have to work till 5, i'd go. I've been itching to shoot further than 25 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      I'm gonna head out there around 3pm and do some sighting-in at the 100 yard range. If anybody else wants to come out, do so. If you don't know me, I'll be wearing a gray O'reilly Fall Nationals shirt.
      http://www.alpinerange.com/map.htm
      I'm having to stop going there....they don't allow FMJ.

Oddly enough I have shot my FMJ before..and no one said anything, but I would rather go to a range that accepts it.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        I'm having to stop going there....they don't allow FMJ.

Oddly enough I have shot my FMJ before..and no one said anything, but I would rather go to a range that accepts it.
        *cough*topload your mags*cough*

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

How about 45grn JHP?
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
            How about 45grn JHP?
            Hollow point or softpoint and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              *cough*topload your mags*cough*

This.

Comment

I had the rifle range all to my self for most of the time. It was windy (10 to 15mph, blowing from 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock) but not too bad.
                I was zeroing my new scope (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BR4ZVQ ) and managed to get it close enough that I'm happy with it.
                These were with my Del-Ton 16" 1:9 Chrome Lined Mid-length upper (previously unfired)
                Oh, and even though I was the only one there, they never checked my ammo.
                55gr Hornady Training Jacketed Soft Point (rapid fire):

Fiochhi 50gr V-Max after a few windage corrections (also rapid fire):

Comment

Working...
                X