Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gun do you carry? How do you modify the trigger pull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gun do you carry? How do you modify the trigger pull?

I have an AMT 380 back up that was left to me by my Grandfather and my first question is, can the trigger pull be modified?
    Honestly, I know it's a bit on the heavy side, but it shoots strait, fits in my hand nice and the rainbow ejecting shells make is perdy! LOL! My only complaint is the damn trigger pull! If it were lighter, it would be easier to group shots, but my hand gets tired from trying to "squeeze"!

Seriously though, is there a way to modify the trigger pull so it's lighter? I've had it apart and it's a pretty simple design. The release spring looks like it would do it, just no idea where to get a softer spring or should I just get a lighter gun with an easier short pull?

What gun do you carry? I want something smaller than a full size 9...just seems bulky for a glove box, pocket, holster, etc. I'm taking my CHL at the end of the month, so I'm trying to decide if I should look for the gun I'll use or just get mine modified and find one later when I have more time to shop and get familiar.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks, ya'll!

-Jonny
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
    I have an AMT 380 back up that was left to me by my Grandfather and my first question is, can the trigger pull be modified?
    Honestly, I know it's a bit on the heavy side, but it shoots strait, fits in my hand nice and the rainbow ejecting shells make is perdy! LOL! My only complaint is the damn trigger pull! If it were lighter, it would be easier to group shots, but my hand gets tired from trying to "squeeze"!

Seriously though, is there a way to modify the trigger pull so it's lighter? I've had it apart and it's a pretty simple design. The release spring looks like it would do it, just no idea where to get a softer spring or should I just get a lighter gun with an easier short pull?

What gun do you carry? I want something smaller than a full size 9...just seems bulky for a glove box, pocket, holster, etc. I'm taking my CHL at the end of the month, so I'm trying to decide if I should look for the gun I'll use or just get mine modified and find one later when I have more time to shop and get familiar.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks, ya'll!

-Jonny
    If its a single/double action you can clean the pull up with some work.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Some guns don't need trigger mods.
      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Its not a target gun, under stress i'll bet the trigger pull wont feel heavy.

Comment

I dont modify or mess w my carry gun besides change the sights on it...

Comment

Working...
          X