Dura coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dura coat

Anybody ever use this product, just got a new rifle and was thinking about giving it a try.if so pros vs. cons

Cheap and effective. You'll need an oven to bake it for the best adherence.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Also verry easy to use. I used the air brush kit they offered. Kinda a turd but it worked.
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

I have used it on a few guns.

CJ-With the basic Dura Coat do you bake it too? Does that help at all? I know with the Durabake there is no hardener so it has to be baked, but the Dura Coat you pre-mix it so you should not have to bake it.

Comment

I been wanting to try a 4 color camo theme maybe woodland or some desert camo pattern.something nice but not over the top.if i go to the trouble I want to make sure that it stays on and dosent chip off does it hold up to its name or does it just depend on the use of the said item.

Comment

I coated my shotgun that I use for hog hunting. I have litterally beat the shit out of it and have not had any issues. I was skeptical at first. I am still curious on plastic, but is supposed to be just as durable. I am still going with a color that Magpul makes furniture to match so I do not have to coat the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
              I coated my shotgun that I use for hog hunting. I have litterally beat the shit out of it and have not had any issues. I was skeptical at first. I am still curious on plastic, but is supposed to be just as durable. I am still going with a color that Magpul makes furniture to match so I do not have to coat the plastic.
              did you use one solid color or multi colors (camo ) might try airbrushing the secondary colors for more detail and control .

Comment

Originally posted by longshot View Post
                did you use one solid color or multi colors (camo ) might try airbrushing the secondary colors for more detail and control .
                Just a solid olive drab. I traded for a shotgun that someone had krylo camoed. Stripped all to the bare metal and duracoated.

Comment

I duracoated my AK and the stuff is awesome. It goes on very easy, and if prepped correctly, is very durable.

IMG_0424

Comment

Was thinking about using it on my stainless barrel myself. Just plain old black.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Was thinking about using it on my stainless barrel myself. Just plain old black.
                      sacrilege.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        sacrilege.
                        My gun.

Still have not made up my mind though either.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                        X