Mossberg 930 Spx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mossberg 930 Spx

Got to shoot one today from a law enforcement buddy of mine, I liked it; it's very reliable no jams or feed issues from 50 bird shot shells. Anyone have one? Recommendations? Anyone know of place with good discount etc.?
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

I have one that came with the choate pistol grip stock. I also ordered a regular buttstock for it. I have put 350 rounds through it and love the gun. Easy to shoot, strip, clean, assemble.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Good morning Keith. How much did you get yours for?
      First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
        Good morning Keith. How much did you get yours for?
        I paid around $640 from CTD about two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          I paid around $640 from CTD about two years ago.
          That's benelli money. On a side note ctd was selling 870's for 290.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Check dicks sporting goods. I remember they had some for around 540.00 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              That's benelli money. On a side note ctd was selling 870's for 290.
              It was shortly after they hit the shelves and still commanding the closer to retail price. Yeah I over paid. I had just dropped my wife off at a nail appointment and went to kill some time at CTD. I asked if they had received any in stock yet since they did not have any on the shelf. He tells me he has 4 in the back that happened to come in that morning but were not in the system or priced yet. He brought one out and I had to have it. Hook was set deep.

Comment

I wanted to type out some more info for you if are interested in getting a new one. I couldn't type much last night on my small HP netbook so here it is.

Get a generation 3 gun. The first and second gens had a few issues. Mine is a first gen gun and Mossberg needs to fix a few things.

Common problems to look out for
                *front sight post canted to the left.
                *front sight post is not tall enough to work with the ghost ring rear sight
                Because of both of these my gun shoot high and right at 35yrds. At 5-7 yards it is a moot point.

In the third gen gun you will see
                *thicker walled barrel
                *taller front sight post
                *straight front sight post

I broke my action in with 75rds of heavy game bird shot, 25 rounds of light game bird shot and then 25 rounds of buckshot. The gun now runs straight Federal Reduced Recoil 00buckshot. I have yet to have a fail to feed or extract.

A few mods I want to make are:
                Larger charging handle
                Send my canted first gen barrel in for a warranty replacement
                High visibility follower and maybe modify the feed to run smoother

I have a LaRue mounted med rise red dot reflex but I have not mounted it yet.

Comment

Working...
                X