Burris 4.5-14x42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burris 4.5-14x42

So after reading through some optics threads here and other places, and deciding I wanted to try a better optic (in comparison to the Nikon 3x9x40 Prostaffs)- I started looking. I've settled on the one below mainly because I found a deal on a used one. Everything SEEMS okay with it from a review point of view. Was curious if any of you have seen it, used it or have any input on it? With trades and some cash I spending about 220 dollars on it. It's my attempt at a mid-range scope prior to one day maybe dropping the bigger dollars on one.

My purpose for the scope honestly is to put on an AR. I'll put a sunshade on it and just shoot various things. I think the 4.5-14 leaves me a lot of leeway for closer targets or further away. (range or otherwise) I'm mainly concerned with feedback about optics, how the scope behaves and such. I think it has a lifetime warranty on it, so not stressing little problems.

Shop Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 mm Rifle Scope, 1in Tube, Second Focal Plane | 4.3 Star Rating on 41 Reviews for Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 mm Rifle Scope, 1in Tube, Second Focal...

Burris 4.5-14x42 Millimeter Matte Black Finish and Ballistic Plex Reticle Riflescope

Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

I think they are great. I have the 4-14, 3-9 and my brother got the 4-14 for his 270. I ran the 4-14 and then the 3-9 on my AR for a while. Then went with a Burris PEPR mount with Burris Black Diamond.

Burris tend to run heavy compared to Leupold. Their optics are awesome. The Fullfield II can't run the popup scope covers, unless you get their new model.

Comment

Yeah, ended up buying it and yeah it's pissing me off that I can't really use my standard butler creek covers.

Have not had a chance to shoot with it yet - but seems pretty good so far.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by FRider View Post
        I think they are great. I have the 4-14, 3-9 and my brother got the 4-14 for his 270. I ran the 4-14 and then the 3-9 on my AR for a while. Then went with a Burris PEPR mount with Burris Black Diamond.

Burris tend to run heavy compared to Leupold. Their optics are awesome. The Fullfield II can't run the popup scope covers, unless you get their new model.
        Leupolds are a little lighter, but to be honest I wasn't very impressed with my VX-III 3.5-10x40mm - the eye relief was garbage, It was razor thin and I could never find it twice in succession, I was always hunting for it.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
        X