I need a new concealed carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new concealed carry

I sold my Glock 27 last night to a buddy. I've been looking at either a Glock 30 or a Kimber Ultra Carry II. With the thread a while back about Kimber's terrible QC, I'm a little hesitant to go that route.

I liked the Glock just fine, but I've never owned a 1911. I have shot a few, but I'm not real familiar with what's out there. I'm hoping you guys can give me some ideas and some things to research. I don't want to go in a gun store and just have them start pulling stuff out of the cases. I at least want to know what I'm looking at or for when I get there.

Criteria:
    Small frame for concealed carry
    Price $1500 or under
    Available locally
    ???
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Colt defender!

Last edited by Moose242; 02-14-2011, 08:18 AM.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

springfield EMP. It comes in other calibers then 45acp as well.

Comment

Ruger SR9C or LC9. The SR9C is very similar to a Glock.

Comment

Springfield Lightweight Champion Operator.

Great gun, 4.25" barrel, full length grip, lightweigh alluminum allow frame. Comes standard with Trijicon night sights. Has a rail if you ever want to mount a light or laser....

I carry one daily, love the gun.
          Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

kimber cdp
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I like the SR9C a lot. That's really a great gun. There's always the HASS method, though.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                Springfield Lightweight Champion Operator.

Great gun, 4.25" barrel, full length grip, lightweigh alluminum allow frame. Comes standard with Trijicon night sights. Has a rail if you ever want to mount a light or laser....

I carry one daily, love the gun.
                A rail on a 1911 is blasphemy
                2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

The cdp series is the way to go on the kimbers.

I have not had one issue yet on my pro carry cdp. Compared to my regular stainless ultra carry its alooot nicer.

Id also check out the colt.

Comment

STI FTW! I have owned many different "brands" of 1911's. By far STI is a step above the competition. The fit and finish of their pistols is amazing for the price. They have a few models avaliable in your price range, plus they are made in Texas!
                    Last edited by FireMedic331; 02-15-2011, 02:11 AM. Reason: typo
                    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
                    - George Washington

Comment

Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
                      A rail on a 1911 is blasphemy
                      A rail on a full sized 1911 does look way outta place, I'll agree with ya. But on a Commander frame, I think it looks pretty damn good. Of course, guns are like shoes. This one fits me.
                      Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

When I was looking into 1911-type guns, I really liked the Ultra Carry II.

Comment

When I look for a carry gun, I like to get a smallest lightest gun possible. I carry a glock 26 for winter, and the summer Im carrying a kahr pm9

Comment

Why a 1911? you said you liked the Glock just fine. Why not a Glock in .45 or 10mm? Then you can send me the 1k in left over money.
                            "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those
                            who vote for a living."

Comment

Working...
                            X