No announcement yet.

2011 DFWmustangs.net lower group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a few other tips that I have already made threads about. Do a search by name here in the armory. There is one using a 1/4" clevis pin for the front take down pins. And another trick I learned from a member here of taping the rear of the receiver for a set screw to hold the spring in for the rear take down.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      easiest thing to do for the bolt catch is to get it started then use vise grips with tape on the jaws to squeeze it in. Just squeze, release, tighten the grips and squeze again, then repeat until flush. Use a punch to tap the last little bit.

This method works great for the trigger guard also. Helps prevent breaking the ear off.
      I just put the receiver in a vice, hold the pin with my hands, and then hit it with a punch and it will seat in there. The plier approach can damage your finish.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        easiest thing to do for the bolt catch is to get it started then use vise grips with tape on the jaws to squeeze it in. Just squeze, release, tighten the grips and squeze again, then repeat until flush. Use a punch to tap the last little bit.

This method works great for the trigger guard also. Helps prevent breaking the ear off.
        I figured this out after beating the crap out of my first two roll pins. Oh well, just a reason to keep buying and building. "See honey, this one is damaged"

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        I just put the receiver in a vice, hold the pin with my hands, and then hit it with a punch and it will seat in there. The plier approach can damage your finish.
        I used a couple layers of tape and a thin hand towel to protect the finish, it worked much better for me.

Some of use don't have your skills. If I had a $50 Mosin, it would still look like a $50 Mosin.
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• CJ-- Did the price you put on the original spreadsheet with the total cost include the FFL fee, or are we still responsible for that?
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by slow06 View Post
            I figured this out after beating the crap out of my first two roll pins. Oh well, just a reason to keep buying and building. "See honey, this one is damaged"

I used a couple layers of tape and a thin hand towel to protect the finish, it worked much better for me.

Some of use don't have your skills. If I had a $50 Mosin, it would still look like a $50 Mosin.
            CJ is the man. All my stuff is scratched and I own stock in 3M tape. LOL
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
              CJ-- Did the price you put on the original spreadsheet with the total cost include the FFL fee, or are we still responsible for that?
              Bring your CHL or non-CHL FFL fee that's on the original spreadsheet in the first post of this thread.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Bring your CHL or non-CHL FFL fee that's on the original spreadsheet in the first post of this thread.
                Ok cool, I just wasn't sure if you included that in the price of the lowers/lpk's. I'm pretty sure sent mine in when I wasn't supposed to. No worries though.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by slow06 View Post

Lol @ nagant.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    Okay, the parts kits just came in today, so everyone whenever you're ready, go ahead and schedule yourself to pick up your parts. There is an upper receiver there at Jeff's house you can look over and decide if you're interested in another group buy for uppers at $50 each.

We will also be doing a barrel, and BCG group buy in the next month from a different distributor. Both 5.56mm barrels and 6.8mm barrels will be available.
                    ANY chance you can get them to maybe offer a 5.45x39 barrel?

Comment

• Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                      ANY chance you can get them to maybe offer a 5.45x39 barrel?
                      Id like one as well, BUT from what I read, magazines are a PITA.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        Id like one as well, BUT from what I read, magazines are a PITA.
                        Yea, CP was apparently bought out by another company and their mags seem to be the only ones that have a chance of working in the 30 round size. I just received a barrel, bolt and 5 mags, all slightly used, and the previous owner labeled 3 of the mags as working great and 2 as having issues so I am now trying to deal with the new owners on the bad mags.... I also ordered 2 7.62x39 AR mags 3 weeks ago and haven't seen them yet.......

Comment

• Nice meeting all you guys, hope you're happy with your lowers.

Comment

• Indeed nice meeting you guys!! Thanks again CJ and others that helped!! Can't wait for the next group buy!

Comment

• Are those times for. THU the 21st. Am or pm.....???
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Good to see some of you there!! Process was very smooth and organized.....here is a pic of some of the things I've been gathering for the builds........

Comment

Working...
                                X