S&W 1006, what's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W 1006, what's it worth?

I had someone offer to sell an early nineties 10mm smith auto. He says the stainless is very nice and it shoots well. What's the going price on these ?

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
    I had someone offer to sell an early nineties 10mm smith auto. He says the stainless is very nice and it shoots well. What's the going price on these ?
    $600-$800 depending on how bad you want it, how worn it is, and how many magazines it comes with. If you get magazines with the yellow follower spend a few bucks to change it to the later white follower. I keep a lot of service parts for the S&W 10mm's and would be happy to look the gun over after you get it.

Edit: You will regret passing up this gun if you do not buy it. They have a cult following and the prices are only going up.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Yeah, im going to pass. If it was a steal, I would have been interested, but it was a bit overpriced at near a grand.

Comment

how many magazines? Post pics?
        QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
          how many magazines? Post pics?
          I assume one, and I don't have any.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't spend more than about $600 sight unseen. Seems he wants NIB kind of money for his.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
              Yeah I wouldn't spend more than about $600 sight unseen. Seems he wants NIB kind of money for his.
              That is even higher then NIB prices. I picked up a NIB 1076 from a Frisco PD investigator early last year for $850 and we both felt that it was a fair deal.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Look at the completed listings on Gunbroker.

Comment

My first gun was a S&W 1006. It shoots ok, but ergonomic was all wrong for me and I just stopped shooting it and sold it after a while.

If you are looking for a shooter, check out the Glock 40 MOS. It is now my favorite 10mm right next to the Glock 29 and Glock 20.

Comment

Just get a witness in 10mm if that's what you're wanting. The 1006 is simply a collectors piece, for what it offers it isn't worth the money if your intention is to shoot it.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Just get a witness in 10mm if that's what you're wanting. The 1006 is simply a collectors piece, for what it offers it isn't worth the money if your intention is to shoot it.
                      Damn good call on the witness. I have a match single action model and it is ultra sweet. My only complaint about it is the shitty floor plates that are on the magazines.

Comment

Working...
                      X