School me on 10-22 builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on 10-22 builds

My father in law tricked out his 10-22. I believe he want carbon on some stuff.

He offered me a factory barrel, Hogue stock, and I believe some other small parts. Am I better off just going and buying a new rifle?

The idea was to build out for my daughter but I can't even seem to find all the parts I would need. Trigger grouping, receiver, bolt, and charging handle? Am I missing anything?

Does anyone have any of these parts that they have taken off and are willing to sell?

Jarred

Can't help you much, but in the xmas cabelas catalog they have a 10/22 drop in trigger replacement for $79

Comment

I just don't get spending money to hot rod a 10/22. I suppose they are cheaper to shoot than a centerfire rifle but to me it makes more sense to spend money on a real rifle. No offense to the 10/22. They are fantastic and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
        I just don't get spending money to hot rod a 10/22. I suppose they are cheaper to shoot than a centerfire rifle but to me it makes more sense to spend money on a real rifle. No offense to the 10/22. They are fantastic and fun.
        If it can happen I wanted to just put it back together with the bare minimum and have something that will shoot. It's for her not me. I totally agree on going the rifle route. I can't believe how much the 10-22 after market barrels cost....

Comment

Originally posted by MULEY4X4 View Post
          My father in law tricked out his 10-22. I believe he want carbon on some stuff.

He offered me a factory barrel, Hogue stock, and I believe some other small parts. Am I better off just going and buying a new rifle?

The idea was to build out for my daughter but I can't even seem to find all the parts I would need. Trigger grouping, receiver, bolt, and charging handle? Am I missing anything?

Does anyone have any of these parts that they have taken off and are willing to sell?

Jarred
          IMO, it depends on how soon you are wanting to get it together and if you feel like doing the work yourself. I might have a lot of that stuff eventually. I'm planning on modding my 10/22 and will replace a lot of the stuff you mention there. Just not sure on the time line.

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          Can't help you much, but in the xmas cabelas catalog they have a 10/22 drop in trigger replacement for $79
          I think Grab a Gun had the BX25 Trigger upgrade for cheaper, like $55. Been meaning to pick it up.

Originally posted by EW View Post
          Guess it's like anything else, having a desire to improve upon something you own. I think the 10/22 is a fun plinker and cheap to shoot. My youngest nephew loves it but hated shooting my Savage .308 that I used to own. I have a list of modifications I want to do that would bring it inline with a nice (stock) bolt action.

If it can happen I wanted to just put it back together with the bare minimum and have something that will shoot. It's for her not me. I totally agree on going the rifle route. I can't believe how much the 10-22 after market barrels cost....
          I'm sure you won't have problems locating what you want for free or cheap if you are willing to take the time. Sorry can't recommend any message boards to look at specifically offhand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            I think Grab a Gun had the BX25 Trigger upgrade for cheaper, like $55. Been meaning to pick it up.
            Don't waste your money, send your factory trigger to Brimstone and let them do their thing for $35 and you will have a much better trigger.
            QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Check out Rimfirecentral for a plethora of info on building a 10-22. They also have a nice classifieds section.
              QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                Check out Rimfirecentral for a plethora of info on building a 10-22. They also have a nice classifieds section.
                Pretty cool site. I didn't realize the following that rimfire 10-22's had.

Comment

Tech-sights, FTW.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    Tech-sights, FTW.

Hell yes to this. I have them on a few SKSs, 2 Marlin model 60s, a few mini 14s and some 10/22s. The only thing I do not like is the adapter to put the front sight onto a bull barrel 10/22. I want to index one and pin it vs gluing it but have never gotten around to doing so.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Get a stock box 10/22 from someplace and enjoy the hell out of it. The only thing I have done is put a Nikon rimfire scope on mine and it's awesome. I've considered a trigger upgrade too, but not much else. It's really a wonderful rifle out of the box and does great for its price. If you are going to spend thousands on one (and some people do), then for me it would really lose it's appeal.

Comment

You can get a Feddersen match barrel for $150-160 and it will shoot as good as any expensive barrel.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Fuck the Hogue stock, they're giant pieces of shit. Look at the Victor Company Titan stock or the new Magpul 10/22 stock.

Originally posted by Jester
                          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                          Originally posted by Denny
                          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

That's a sweet setup! And easily shows how money disappears when modding a 10/22. I know people will say "but it's just a .22!". But that's what makes it fun, it's cheap to shoot and for a young and/or novice shooter, it's not that intimidating.

Comment

I've got a pretty bitchin' 10/22 I'd sell for $700 if anyone wants to just jump right into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X