Bug Out Location Housing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Out Location Housing?

I've seen it brough up here a few times but never in it's own thread.

If you were to build your bug out location what would you select as the housing:
    Shipping Containers
    RV
    Build a house
    Underground Shelter

Also, what are the things you would look for in your location and what are the systems you would use for power, water, etc?

They each have their own pros and cons. A shipping container would probably be the most armored, but has a serious disadvantage of a single exit and lack of amenities. A house would be the most comfortable, but the hardest to defend against multiple attackers.

RV has a nice ability to be mobile, comfortable, and has it's own power source/water onboard in the form of a generator and tanks. The problem is that they guzzle fuel like crazy and are completely unarmored. Particle board and styrofoam doesn't do much.

A large underground shelter would probably be the best bet. It's extremely well protected, could have an emergency exit built, plenty of room to stockpile food/water/ammo. The entrance could be easily concealed. The problem comes in with power and running water. Ideally speaking, you would want a well on the inside, a septic system attached to it, and a solar array. A generator would be easier to conceal, but make a hell of a lot more noise.

Comment

I'm going to cosco.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        I'm going to cosco.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          The fat ones are getting used as human shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
            Keith said he's supplying the beer and chicks, so I guess that's where I will be.
            just in case you weren't aware, I make great breakfast tacos.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Test drive?
              you missed out this weekend, made them twice!

Comment

I miss a lot...
                I blame you.

Comment

I blame my penis.
                  you're pretty hard on that lil fella.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    They each have their own pros and cons. A shipping container would probably be the most armored, but has a serious disadvantage of a single exit and lack of amenities. A house would be the most comfortable, but the hardest to defend against multiple attackers.

RV has a nice ability to be mobile, comfortable, and has it's own power source/water onboard in the form of a generator and tanks. The problem is that they guzzle fuel like crazy and are completely unarmored. Particle board and styrofoam doesn't do much.

A large underground shelter would probably be the best bet. It's extremely well protected, could have an emergency exit built, plenty of room to stockpile food/water/ammo. The entrance could be easily concealed. The problem comes in with power and running water. Ideally speaking, you would want a well on the inside, a septic system attached to it, and a solar array. A generator would be easier to conceal, but make a hell of a lot more noise.
                    Bomb shelters are for protection from chemical, biological and radiological dispersion devices and conventional weapons. We can design a custom Bomb Shelter

20th Century Castles, LLC - National leader in the acquisition and sales of missile bases, communication bunkers and other underground properties.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

just in case you weren't aware, I make great breakfast tacos.
                      Your in. Password is #1%whtydfws

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                        Your in. Password is #1%whtydfws
                        is that a hashtag or a pound sign?

Comment

you're pretty hard on that lil fella.
                          Always pound
                          see?

Comment

is that a hashtag or a pound sign?
                            Trick question. You have to make the sign with your fingers. And before you ask, you say "percent" instead of making the sign in the air. Multi layered security in one.

Comment

I was already there, left the doors wide open so it looks inviting, and lined the interior of the entrance with claymores.

Comment

Working...
                              X