Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCU and SMU to opt out of campus carry

Not surprising for the private schools.

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Texas Christian University has opted out of the state's new law allowing concealed weapons on college campuses — believed to be the first major private college to do so.

The Board of Trustees voted Friday to reject the law, which was approved by the GOP-controlled Legislature but which private universities can forgo.

The vote followed what TCU called "a host of debates, open forums and surveys."

The law takes effect next August, and only applies to concealed weapon license-holders.

Other private schools are expected to follow suit. The presidents of Rice and Southern Methodist Universities have said the schools would remain gun free pending the opt out process.

Public universities can't opt out. Amid their staunch opposition, however, lawmakers included a provision letting them designate "gun free" zones on campus.
    Texas Christian University has opted out of the state's new law allowing concealed weapons on college campuses — believed to be the first major private college to do so.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Can you open carry there? If you can I am going to be in the news for walking my dog while carrying a rifle just to get their panties in a twist.
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 11-14-2015, 11:27 AM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Meh the only thing I'd be at either for is a game. And already can't carry legally for that.

Their house, their rules
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
        Meh the only thing I'd be at either for is a game. And already can't carry legally for that.

Their house, their rules

I live by SMU and run with my dog there nearly every day; while carrying I might add...
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Good for TCU. They don't need a bunch of kids that are high as a kite carrying concealed too.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
          X