Need a sight pusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a sight pusher

Dies anyone have a sight pushing tool I can use on an Springfield XD? After paying $35 for having a set of Trijicon sights put in, the front sight is dead. I need to remove them and send them in fir warranty and don't want to pay $35 over and over again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
    Dies anyone have a sight pushing tool I can use on an Springfield XD? After paying $35 for having a set of Trijicon sights put in, the front sight is dead. I need to remove them and send them in fir warranty and don't want to pay $35 over and over again.

Night sights? If so, the gunsmith didn't notice it wasn't glowing when he installed it?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Night sights? If so, the gunsmith didn't notice it wasn't glowing when he installed it?
      Yep, night sights. He may not have looked, I didn't. He assumed just like me that a brand new set would be fine. I ain't upset. Trijicon already said to send the front back to them to exchange it for me. If I can't find a pusher tool locally to borrow, I may drive back to the gunsmith and explain to them and see if they will do it for free....since they could have used a punch which would break the glass in the first place.

Comment

The front sight is pressed on? I have the little tool for Glocks but I doubt they are the same.
        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
        '13 Dodge Cummins
        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
          The front sight is pressed on? I have the little tool for Glocks but I doubt they are the same.
          After searching on brownells and midway, it seems that the XD 5" is hard to locate a tool for. I'm going to run up to shoot smart's gunsmith tomorrow and talk to them. Never hurts to ask.

Comment

Tritium in those right? Is it going to be warranty for sure or out of your pocket? I can probably fix it for very cheap if its out of your pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              Tritium in those right? Is it going to be warranty for sure or out of your pocket? I can probably fix it for very cheap if its out of your pocket.
              Yes, tritium.

Comment

I can look at it if you wish

Comment

I have an MGW universal sight pusher tool and the correct plate for the XD slide. It's an easy job. There is also the chance your GS broke the tritium vial when installing them.....

Comment

I do not possess the tools for the sight but I do have access to tritium vials of various sizes including many that are used on sights like this.

Comment

If you are just needing to push the sight out, I've had good luck with a vice and some strategically sized blocks of wood.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Shoot smart pushed it out.

I was right, they didn't use a pusher but punches instead.

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                          I might need to use that one day on the G19.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                            Shoot smart pushed it out.

I was right, they didn't use a pusher but punches instead.

That's a rookie mistake that shouldn't have happened.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                              That's a rookie mistake that shouldn't have happened.
                              My fault for not asking how they were going to push them in/out in the first place. I learned a lesson. Just another thing I will do on my own next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X