Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Gunsmith to work on Anaconda - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gunsmith to work on Anaconda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunsmith to work on Anaconda

Looking for recommendations for a gunsmith to fix the timing issues on my Colt Anaconda. I understand that the newer style Colt actions are less complicated than the old style like the Python, but I just want to make sure it's done right.

Anyone local that is good, or should I send it off to Colt?

Thanks.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Are you sure that it has a timing issue? Is it a .44 or a .45? I have a gauge to check timing if it is a 45. Despite what the internet would led you to believe the Colts rarely get knocked out of time and only one part has to be replaced when they do but you need a big pile of that one part to work with and most smiths do not have them. If you really have a problem send it to Colt.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

My suggestion was going to be to ask svo....
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Send it to Colt.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Send it to Colt.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I'm not sure what these other guys are smoking, but I personally would send it to Colt.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

It's a .44 Mag.

I did the tests described in this link and based on that I think it has issues.
              In response to an emailed question, this is the procedure I use…  There are quite a few out there, this is what I learned and copied down from an old time Colt guy. To check Colt timing: There are four … Continue reading →

Seems to have most of the issues described there. My biggest concern is that sometimes when the hammer gets to full cock it seems the bolt has not clicked into the cylinder notch.

This one is in good shape, but definitely shows signs of being shot a fair bit. I shoot all my guns, so just want to make sure this thing is good to go so I don't blow it up.

Comment

Your anaconda don't want none unless they work for Colt, brun
                WRX

Comment

Going to call Colt tomorrow and send it off.

On a side note, does anybody know much about the ported barrels on these? Mine was manufactured in 1992 and has the triangular shaped ports. I have seen later models that have multiple round ports as well.

Mine doesn't seem to be the 'Custom Ported' model as it doesn't have the Elliason rear sight and different trigger on it.

Would mine have just been a custom order from Colt? I know I can have them send me a factory letter, but not sure I want to pay that much for a letter just to satisfy my curiosity.

Comment

Get the letter. It sounds like your gun went to Mag-na-port.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                    X