Couple of interesting local news stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of interesting local news stories

Man you would think the store would have been better equipped to handle a smash and grab by a vehicle. Don't most stores have barriers in the front to prevent this sort of thing?

Suspects used a pick-up truck to break through the entrance of a Plano gun shop. About 85 guns were reportedly stolen.

Dozens of Guns Stolen From Plano Store

Nearly 100 guns were stolen from a Plano gun store overnight in a smash-and-grab robbery, The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms says.

An ATF spokesperson said a pick-up truck slammed through the front of Mister Guns on W. 15th Street at about 3:45 a.m. Wednesday.

About 85 guns were believed to be stolen, though the ATF said inventory will be taken at the store to determine an exact amount and what type of guns were taken.

Employees were cleaning up the store and covering a hole in the front window Wednesday afternoon. Meanwhile, the store's owner has not responded our requests for comment.

The Plano Police Department is assisting with the investigation.
    Anyone ever hear of this happening before?

Shrapnel injures shooter at Frisco Gun Club

One person has been hospitalized after being wounded by shrapnel at a Frisco firing range.

According to the Frisco Police Department, an emergency call was received from the Frisco Gun Club on Eldorado Parkway at about 2:15 p.m. after a customer was injured while reloading.

Officials said the bullet exploded after it was inadvertently dropped to the ground while being loaded into a magazine.

The exploding round sent shrapnel flying into the customer's side, causing a minor injury. The customer was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment with injuries that are not life threatening.

On Tuesday, an Irving SWAT officer with more than 20 years on the force was injured at a gun range when fragments from a discharged round ricocheted and hit the officer in the hand. The officer was hospitalized and expected to be released Tuesday evening.

The investigation into Wednesday's incident is ongoing.

NBC 5's Meredith Yeomans cont

No barriers makes me think that's why the store got hit. It was targeted.
    WH

Comment

I've always cringed when a round falls to the ground. Dropping shells while bird hunting is pretty common for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
        I've always cringed when a round falls to the ground. Dropping shells while bird hunting is pretty common for me.
        Same here man. Especially Rimfire.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
        X