Hatchets¿

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
    Chilli it sounds like we are both looking at the same things. The husqvana is a much better pill to swallow.
    I've been on a kick lately. lol. I've spent like $350 on shit in the last week and have almost "checked out" with that axe like 3 times. Just bought a bunch of shit to get a 'kit' started and the axe is one of the few bigger purchases I still need to make.

But this is me.. I am a cheap ass normally, but then I get deep into something, buy a bunch of shit, then use it way too little.

Comment

I'm going to get the grandfors bruks small Forrest axe. It seems to be on backorder unless you want to pay double. Or eBay.

I doubt I'll use it a bunch but I bet I'll use it more than your average camper just by having it in my work truck on the farm.

Comment

This thing is freaking shaaarp. Can shave with ease even after splitting a few logs for fun. I found it in stock for 125.00 from wespur.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          This thing is freaking shaaarp. Can shave with ease even after splitting a few logs for fun. I found it in stock for 125.00 from wespur.com
          Good price! I pulled the trigger on the Husqvarna yesterday and it came in today. I love and hate Amazon Prime. [emoji14]

It's sharp but needs some fine stone clean up or honing, at least. I like it so far (weight is good, feels good in hand). Need to pick up some boiled linseed oil for the handle.

Comment

Nice man. I need to get some boiled linseed oil myself.

I messed with it quite a bit yesterday. For taking down small trees a hand pruning saw is faster and less of a workout. Cutting small limbs the axe is faster. Did some splitting with it and it does better than expected. I need to pick up some plastic wedges and it will do more.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
              Polaris Trading/2 Hawks hands down.

http://www.2hawks.net/tomahawks/

Awesome link, what steel are they using? I looked around and didn't see... This is the most important thing to me. I need this shit to keep an edge, ya know?

Comment

I split some wood. Cut down a small tree. Did some limbing still can shave my arm hair. Any of the higher end stuff should hold a good edge. If not its wall art.

Comment

I have a 30" Haxet that I love. Bridges the gap between a full size axe and a hatchet.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have a harbor freight hatchet that took me some effort to get sharpened right, but now it works like a champ.

However, last year I bought into a fiskars splitting axe...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-X25-Splitting-Axe-28-Inch/dp/B00004SD7B/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443707448&sr=8-1&keywords=fiskars+x25[/ame]

and it works like a champ compared to my old school splitting maul. Don't get me wrong, for big things the wedges are still needed but due to it being light you can keep going and going. Also, on other items it splits as well if not easier than the maul.

The purpose of all that - is due to the performance of the fiskars axe - I'd probably buy a fiskars hatchet without second thought....

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-78506935-X7-Hatchet-14-Inch/dp/B0002YTO7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443707379&sr=8-1&keywords=fiskars+x5[/ame]

Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Ordering the warbeast from 2hawks today.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        Ordering the warbeast from 2hawks today.
                        That's the one I got! I love this thing. Careful though, the multi-edge got me the first day. Not sure on the steel. I haven't field tested mine yet. Going to take it on this years camping trip to see how it holds up. The guy hand makes all of his hawks, and stands behind them with a serious warranty.

***Edit*** 6150 High-carbon, chromium steel

Comment

Working...
                        X