1200 guns and 4000# of ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    Even better, seize property, charge storage, stack fees, set time limit, cash in. Let's see if that happens.
    I have never seen any police department that charges a storage fee, and it would be a long time for them to seize them if there was even any reason to. Most likely they would be destroyed, not re sold at auction. I can't speak for Cali though they have some strange laws.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      I have never seen any police department that charges a storage fee, and it would be a long time for them to seize them if there was even any reason to. Most likely they would be destroyed, not re sold at auction. I can't speak for Cali though they have some strange laws.
      I have had the Denton County Sheriffs department charge me a storage fee for recovered stolen property that they refused to release for weeks and had the Highland Village PD try to keep items that they stole from me and only agreed to return them if I payed a storage fee.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        I have had the Denton County Sheriffs department charge me a storage fee for recovered stolen property that they refused to release for weeks and had the Highland Village PD try to keep items that they stole from me and only agreed to return them if I payed a storage fee.
        Of course you have.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          CA law allows it, and many municipalities do.

(j)(1) A city, county, or city and county, or a
          state agency may adopt a regulation, ordinance, or
          resolution imposing a charge equal to its administrative
          costs relating to the seizure, impounding, storage, or
          release of firearms. The fees shall not exceed the actual
          costs incurred for the expenses directly related to taking
          possession of a firearm, storing the firearm, and
          surrendering possession of the firearm to a licensed
          firearms dealer or to the owner. Those administrative
          costs may be waived by the local or state agency upon
          verifiable proof that the firearm was reported stolen at
          the time the firearm came into the custody or control of
          the law enforcement agency.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
            HV Pigs are horrible. I would start up my cobra and by the time it was warmed up they would be waiting down a street to pop me for tire / EPA / inspection tickets. The POPO office was about 2 blocks away.

They did lose all paperwork and evidence of mine that made me quite happy although once..
            sigpic

Comment

good god, 5 million dollars worth of firearms, and tons of cash apparently.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

1200 firearms for $5MM? That's some quality shit there.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

any word on the legality of the guns?

Comment

All that unregistered cash is dangerous and will need to be stored at the police chief's house.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        Article 4.
                        My constitution sense tingled. Did someone cite the constitution?
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          1200 firearms for $5MM? That's some quality shit there.
                          Probably talking out of his ass, im sure that's the total of the ammo and guns together. That certainly looks about right.

Comment

Well you have to subtract the damage from throwing all of the weapons in a pile and letting them scratch each other.
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Why waste a bunch of man hours on those guns when the guy is dead now? Who gives a fuck if they're linked to any crimes, he's dead! It's not like he's going to get in trouble now.. Waste of payroll
                              Stupid fucks. Of course, since there was no actual crime in this, they'd better investigate as though a crime was committed. Meanwhile, actual crimes with real victims, go neglected so that they can worry their little heads about things like this. In typical government fashion.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X