• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So with today's ruling on marriage license

This was brought up in another forum. I think it holds water:
    -----------
    Amendment XIV
    Section 1.
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

By using the Constitution in such a manner, the Court argues that the Due Process Clause extends “certain personal choices central to individual dignity and autonomy” accepted in a majority of states across the state lines of a handful of states that still banned the practice.

The vast majority of states are “shall issue” on the matter of issuing concealed carry permits, and enjoy reciprocity with a large number of other states.

So what the SCOTUS recognized yesterday is that a CCW as being valid in 36 states, (which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal). But only 14 states did not recognize another States concealed carry permit yesterday.

Today they must.

Using the same “due process clause” argument as the Supreme Court just applied to gay marriage, a CCW permit must now be recognized as valid in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Lol!
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Gratz!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks homos!
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          This was brought up in another forum. I think it holds water:
          -----------
          Amendment XIV
          Section 1.
          All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

By using the Constitution in such a manner, the Court argues that the Due Process Clause extends “certain personal choices central to individual dignity and autonomy” accepted in a majority of states across the state lines of a handful of states that still banned the practice.

The vast majority of states are “shall issue” on the matter of issuing concealed carry permits, and enjoy reciprocity with a large number of other states.

So what the SCOTUS recognized yesterday is that a CCW as being valid in 36 states, (which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal). But only 14 states did not recognize another States concealed carry permit yesterday.

Today they must.

Using the same “due process clause” argument as the Supreme Court just applied to gay marriage, a CCW permit must now be recognized as valid in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
          You're RACIST!

is the only responce you would get from the libs.

Comment

no its Gaycist.
            sigpic

Comment

Not with those pussy 10rd magazines you aren't. Man and Man the fuck up.

Comment

And if our state issued CHL allows foe either open or concealed carry, then I guess all 50 states and territories need to recognize that part too.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                  Not with those pussy 10rd magazines you aren't. Man and Man the fuck up.
                  Obviously regional ads from San Francisco.

Comment

I saw that post too, and sounds like a reasonable, yet unintended consequence.

I won't be the test case, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X