Sabre Defence being liquidated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabre Defence being liquidated

" Sale by Secured Creditor , Cadence Bank, N.A., as Secured Party under Article 9 Uniform Commercial Code including: all accounts; inventory; general intangibles, equipment; documents; all Government Contracts (subject to approval and novation process).

Sabre is a licensed manufacturer of ordnance including automatic weapons. It is a contractor for the United States government, Department of Defense and also engages in the manufacture and sale of semi- automatic weapons. Sealed Bids: No later than 12:00 p.m., February 14, 2011"

"Sabre Defence Industries are best known for manufacturing AR-15 rifles but they also manufactured the civilian semi-auto AUG SA rifle for Steyr. I wonder what this news means for Steyr."
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

You have got to be kidding me.

..well Keith, I think you should sat on that barrel purchase just a little longer... lol. I have a feeling there's gonna be a sale.
    Last edited by CJ; 02-07-2011, 03:07 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post

..well Keith, I think you should sat on that barrel purchase just a little longer... lol. I have a feeling there's gonna be a sale.
      Lol.

I thought Sabre was a very good company with a fine reputation. I wonder what led to this?

Oh well. I bet that Freedom Group picks them up.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Never heard of them

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          Never heard of them
          High tier barrel manufacturer was their core business. They make M2A1 barrels. They were a big player. I have one of their barrels on my long range AR.
          Last edited by CJ; 02-07-2011, 03:15 PM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Lol.

I thought Sabre was a very good company with a fine reputation. I wonder what led to this?

Oh well. I bet that Freedom Group picks them up.
            I'm willing to bet that BATFE raid had something to do with it.

Comment

lol, and i'll be there for the sale.
              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that BATFE raid had something to do with it.
                They got raided? Super lame.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm not upset. I can always buy another one or two with as good as the first one shoots.

Sucks to see a company that makes a good product being forced or put out of business.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    I'm not upset. I can always buy another one or two with as good as the first one shoots.

Sucks to see a company that makes a good product being forced or put out of business.
                    I would buy a second barrel as well for a backup.

Comment

Supposedly one of the reason for the raid was a lot of work was getting done with out the paper work, items leaving the facility without proper markings, and items not going through the proper inventory channels.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                        Supposedly one of the reason for the raid was a lot of work was getting done with out the paper work, items leaving the facility without proper markings, and items not going through the proper inventory channels.
                        essentially mismanaged into default it seems.

Comment

The BATF did the same thing to Ft Worth Shooter's Supply on 28th several years back.

Comment

So, I always hear of ATF doing things to places. (2 mentioned here, then the Calvary Arms one awhile back) However, I never hear what the hell these places are doing that is so bad they have to be "raided." Anyone know?
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I think the Cav Arms ordeal had something to do with money laundering or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X