Sig 2022 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig 2022 problems

New 9mm pistol is not feeding right. lock the slide back, insert mag, release slide lock and hammer will sometimes not cock and sometimes will. it will perform correctly for a few rounds then the hammer will not go back, even after cocking the hammer it will not correct. Could this be a defective mag? I make sure the rounds are seated correctly in the mag and I use good ammo. Gun is is clean and oiled. My first Sig so need some input from you gun gurus. TIA.

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
    New 9mm pistol is not feeding right. lock the slide back, insert mag, release slide lock and hammer will sometimes not cock and sometimes will. it will perform correctly for a few rounds then the hammer will not go back, even after cocking the hammer it will not correct. Could this be a defective mag? I make sure the rounds are seated correctly in the mag and I use good ammo. Gun is is clean and oiled. My first Sig so need some input from you gun gurus. TIA.
    You're saying the single action doesn't function? So at any time it will fire, you just have a double action when you should have a single? Try this, try to lock the hammer back without a mag in it. If it doesn't catch, insert your mag rather forcefully and hold it tight into the frame (pushing upwards) try to work the hammer. if the hammer locks back, squeeze and reset it while you're holding the mag into the frame, see if it functions correctly. after 5 or so squeezes release pressure on the mag and see how it does, then try pulling the mag down (without releasing it) to loosen it a little. report back.
    Last edited by CJ; 02-05-2011, 10:25 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ok. I followed your instructions, the hammer locks back w/out the mag and it feels secured in the grip. Pulled on the mag and it won't budge unless released. maybe a spring in the mag is defective? I assume you meant for me to do this w/out ammo, correct? my wife won't let me fire it in bed to test it

and yes, it fires but double action when should be single, but it can change from one to the other during operation.
      Last edited by Saleen781; 02-05-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X