Which grips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which grips?

Which grips do you think look best on my Les Baer? The choice is between the stock grips that are checkered and a new set from Esmiralda O'Sheehan that are smooth. I think both sets are in cocobola but the stock ones might be walnut not sure.
    Last edited by TexasVert; 03-25-2013, 06:06 AM.
    2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
    2011 Harley Davidson F150
    2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Going purely on looks I'd go with the smooth grips.

Comment

smooth

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
        Going purely on looks I'd go with the smooth grips.
        That is what I thought but my wife liked the stock grips better... Strange....

Comment

From the couple of times I have actually carried my Kimber, I can tell you that I do not want the stock checkered grips on it when I carry it again. Of course, I am 5' 10" ish and 275-280 and was carrying it IWB. If you are skinnier than me, you may not notice the checkered grip digging into your side.

My vote, based on personal experience, is smooth.
          كافر

Originally posted by sc281
          Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
          Originally posted by Trick Pony
          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

I'm a homo for checker, diamond checker if possible.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

^^^ I like diamond checker, but out of what you have I say smooth.
              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
              sigpic

Comment

I like the looks of a nice smooth grip, but prefer a checkered.

As far as the guy with it digging in his side. Get a good belt, and or wear a under shirt. On my old kimber it had the rubber grips and i really liked those as well.

The new kimber has the wood and its awesome.

Comment

I like the diamond checkered grips too. But the stock grips on this gun are so deeply cut that the grips almost shine in certain light. It seems like it was meant to have a really abrasive grip. More than would be comfortable. It is very hard to see the wood grain in the stock grips, they are cut so deeply.

Also these are the first grips I have seen that are cut blunt at the bottom like for adding a mag well but they did not necessarily mean for there to be one. The lady I spoke to a Les Baer said that they thought it looked much better that way and ugly the other way. She did not respond when I asked her way all the other none mag well 1911s I have ever seen are beveled at the bottom......

Comment

on this specific gun, i like the look of the smooth.

i'd go with which ever feels better though.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I like the look of the smooth, but it really comes down to whether or not you can grip them with wet/sweaty hands........

Comment

I would keep the stock checkered grips but that's just me. Never cared for the smooth grips.

Comment

Working...
                        X