Anyone here into older guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here into older guns?

I was just curious. My Granny recently gave me all my Grandfather's old guns. He passed away 40 years ago and they have just been sitting at her house.

I was going to post what they are and pics of a few of them if anyone liked older guns. Two are S&W revolvers i'm still learning about. I'm no gun expert, just a recreational shooter of clays and targets.

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

It always depends on what they are. Post up some pics as most of us enjoy them.

Comment

I am in to about any gun old or new, like sleeper said post up the info and pics.

Comment

Post Em
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

Cool, here's what I got. And keep in mind i'm no expert so forgive me if my descriptions are poor :

1. Sears Roebuck / Winchester .270 rifle & Original Sears Scope - excellent condition
          2. Sears Ted Williams 20g Auto Shotgun - very good condition
          3. Savage Over/Under 20g / .22lr - very good condition, really cool gun
          4. Rohm RG63 .22lr Revolver - made in Germany 1968
          5. S&W M&P Victory Model .38 special - Made 1942-1945, Cool gun but it's one of the WWII Victory's that was customized after the war (shortened, nickeled, and possibly rechambered from .38/.200 to .38 special) for civilian resale. I'm getting some older / nice condition S&W wood grips for it.
          6. S&W .32/.38 Terrier Pre-32 Model - shoots .38 S&W. Probably made between 1953-1955 based on Serial number. Nice little gun.

Pics of the revolvers are below. I couldn't attach them on here so hopefully the Photobucket links work. I'll take pics of the rifle and shotguns this weekend. The wood on all of them is in excellent condition. I fired the rifle and shotguns a few weeks ago and they did great. Looking forward to shooting the revolvers next weekend. I've found a ton of information online about S&W revolvers. It's been fun a lot of fun learning about these guns. None of them seem to be real valueable, the Savage and the S&W Terrier probably the most, but still fun family keepsakes that should be fun to shoot recreationally.

Marcus
          Last edited by 2cammer97; 02-05-2011, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Marcus..

I believe the Victory model came in both the 38-200 and the 38 Special. My dad brought back an Aussie issued one in the -200 caliber.

Bill
            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Nice I really need to get a wheel gun.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                Marcus..

I believe the Victory model came in both the 38-200 and the 38 Special. My dad brought back an Aussie issued one in the -200 caliber.

Bill
                Bill - you're correct on the Victory models. And mine is a .38 special I'm just not knowledgable enough to be able to tell by looking at the cylinders if it started out life that way. From what I've been told, most of the Victory models that got shortened and nickeled after the war were usually the British issued ones that were .38-200 and were converted to .38 special.

I won the S&W grips I wanted for it on EBay. They are new/never used dark walnut from a K-22 masterpiece from the early '70's. Can't wait to get them next week and put them on. :-)

Marcus

Comment

Im into older military guns.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    Im into older military guns.
                    I'll post pics once I get the wood grips later this week. Still won't look like the military gun it originally was but atleast it will look a whole lot better than the cheap Franzite grips.

Marcus

Comment

Marcus...

Here's the Old Man's S&W.. He swapped with an Aussie that was in his Sqdn. It's actually a pre-V model as the s/n is in the 9xxxxx range. It does have the "flaming onion" and W.B. Inspector stamp. Kinda like the Aussie grip mod.

Bill

Last edited by 68RR; 02-07-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Bill - that is really cool. I would have liked to have found some original Victory grips like the one on yours but I couldn't find any. I picked up some early '70's S&W K-22 dark walnut drips that were never used. Not as correct as original Victory grips would have been but should still look nice.

Marcus

Comment

My grips came in today. Got them from a guy on Ebay.They are from a K-22 Masterpiece from the early '70's but were never used. The gun came with custom grips so these were just stored.

Fitment is pretty good. Look and feel MUCH better than the old cracked plastic Franzites (pics with the Franzite grips in above post)

Marcus

Comment

Grips look good!

Bill

Comment

Working...
                            X