X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks fine to me
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Does it only work with the .223 caliber or could you use like a 9mm or .22 upper with it too?
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
        Does it only work with the .223 caliber or could you use like a 9mm or .22 upper with it too?
        You can use it on a 9mm gun but a 22lr doesnt have enough recoil.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Is the milspec buffer tube on an AR15 the same as on an AR10? Basically, could I put one of these things on my DPMS AR10 lower?
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Is the milspec buffer tube on an AR15 the same as on an AR10? Basically, could I put one of these things on my DPMS AR10 lower?
            No, the buffer is the same but the trigger guard on the LR-308 is built in and will block the slide action of the stock....won't work on an AR-15 with a Magpul or other curved trigger guard either, but will work on any caliber upper except .22 on an AR-15 lower...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco71 View Post
              No, the buffer is the same but the trigger guard on the LR-308 is built in and will block the slide action of the stock....won't work on an AR-15 with a Magpul or other curved trigger guard either, but will work on any caliber upper except .22 on an AR-15 lower...
              On a DPMS AR-10 lower it does have a built in trigger guard, but is dimensionally identical to an AR15 lower. The problem is not the trigger guard, it's the pull length of the receiver. an AR10's lower is much longer than an AR15 - take a look.

not only that Yale, you can't afford a full automatic .308, trust me, haha.
              Last edited by CJ; 02-05-2011, 12:05 PM.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                On a DPMS AR-10 lower it does have a built in trigger guard, but is dimensionally identical to an AR15 lower. The problem is not the trigger guard, it's the pull length of the receiver. an AR10's lower is much longer than an AR15 - take a look.

not only that Yale, you can't afford a full automatic .308, trust me, haha.
                Snaps! You still have the Sharps receiver?

Comment

Ahhh, I stand corrected; my lower is a DPMS based lower made by POF with an enhanced built in trigger guard......

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    I thought the pics were ugly, but once I put it on, I didn't think it looked too bad.
                    I would be willing to bet that every other manufacture out there is at the drawing board right now. You can bet your ass that Magpul is working on something and all their accessories are very easy on the eyes.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Snaps! You still have the Sharps receiver?
                      Yeah dog, what do you think I would do with it, sell it? I'm waiting to build an SBR. Haven't seen any killer deals on upper parts yet.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yeah dog, what do you think I would do with it, sell it? I'm waiting to build an SBR. Haven't seen any killer deals on upper parts yet.
                        That thing is actually pretty nice for a $75 total cost receiver. I like the matte coating and white lettering. PM sent.

Comment

I will let you check out my SBR if you want. Still waiting on some reloading instructions!

Comment

That thing is actually pretty nice for a $75 total cost receiver. I like the matte coating and white lettering. PM sent.
                            I did the white lettering

Comment

What's a killer deal to you? I saw a shorty upper for sale on the Canadian site for 550 (asking).

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                                What's a killer deal to you? I saw a shorty upper for sale on the Canadian site for 550 (asking).
                                I'd like to build one for less than 250. $60 upper, $150 barrel, cheap gas block, door, and grip it shouldn't be too difficult.
                                Last edited by CJ; 02-05-2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X