Browning 625 Citori?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning 625 Citori?

I was in Stephenville last week, and got to stop in my favorite gun room. Damned if those new Citoris didn't handle better than any other new doubles in the room... Does anyone else own one, or has anyone shot one? I'm looking at either a 20ga or a 28ga. Do they shoot as good as they handle?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

I have a citori, but not a new one. Mine's from the mid 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      I have a citori, but not a new one. Mine's from the mid 70's.
      They're all evolutions of the original Superposed. How about some details (gauge, barrel length, balance, features) and some opinions (How does it point? Is it even, slow, or snappy? How does it pattern?)?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My dad had an older 28ga citori modified/improved choke and it was an awesome shotgun. I shot it quite a bit, even used it for dove a few times and it is a very quick pointing. Quail was its specialty, it is so light that you could walk all day and never get tired, and 28ga is plenty for a quail gun.

All that said I prefer 12 or 20 for most things, and like an auto for the reduced recoil.

Given the price that they command I wouldn't buy one unless I came across a great deal. I don't have enough use to justify a 28ga alone but maybe a 20/28 combo some day...

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          They're all evolutions of the original Superposed. How about some details (gauge, barrel length, balance, features) and some opinions (How does it point? Is it even, slow, or snappy? How does it pattern?)?
          I have a 71 Superposed Lightning in 20 ga and it's a sweet shotgun. I mostly shoot dove with it, but do occasionally shoot some skeet also.

Comment

I really like the elegance of the citoris, but I wont switch to one when dove hunting, my 1187 premier is great. Nothing more frustrating then letting attainable birds escape.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I haven't found a Browning O/U I didn't like; handled a lot when I worked at the skeet range for years. I have a Browning Liege (Belgian), basically a no frills Superposed which competed with the Citori (Japan) to replace the Superposed. The Citori won out as a less expensive gun. All of them handle and shoot great, look great and are very reliable.....

Comment

Working...
              X