which rifle? which scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which rifle? which scope?

if it were you, and money was not an issue, which rifle would you chose and what scope? i hear a lot of good things about NightForce scopes doing very well on barret 50 cals and Mac TAC-50's but i dont like the rediculously huge size of the mil dots and crosshairs...
    this is for .338 Lapua

Tactical Recon .338 Lapua With Enforcer Muzzle Brake

i have done a lot of research and came to a fine understanding with myself about wanting .338 Lapua due to its rediculously flat trajectory and hitting power at long range, and me bein me, i love shooting shit far away, i am not sniper qualified or anything, but since i'm in an infantry battalion with the 101st, i have some scout sniper friends that have taught me a lot and took me to the range quite a bit on their qual days and let me shoot at 800m iron maidens and a 1,100m iron maiden with a basic M24... i shot 5 rounds center mass at the 800m target, and 2 out of 5 at the 1,100 meter target. not bad considering i only spent about a week with my nose in the books and maybe a month of goin to ranges just to watch and learn. but i dont want a .308
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

was looking at these nightforce scopes...
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

OR,,, this... for "extreme" long range....

Comment

If money was no issue? I'd probably have a 700P, and send it to someone to get the action timed and trued, and a US Optics scope.
        Last edited by YALE; 02-02-2011, 06:48 AM.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Money no object

Blaser rifle in 7mm-08

S&B 3–12 x 42 Precision Hunter Scope

Comment

I think thats a no brainer... an accuracy international in .338 with a hensoldt scope. Bought a 30k rig.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

topped with a http://www.usoptics.com/product.php?partnumber=SN3-2500

That setup will do all I will ever need and more.

I see no real need for a .338 to damned expensive to pull the trigger on those.
              "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those
              who vote for a living."

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                Money no object

Blaser rifle in 7mm-08

S&B 3–12 x 42 Precision Hunter Scope
                That Blazer just made the dream list.

Comment

very nice, yea i left out the accuracy international rifle. i do like that as well, if im not mistaken that would be known as the L96A1 correct? the brits use it i think, very very VERY well known for its accuracy. i like the look of the les baer rifle, as well as the macmillan. for the price, the savage wouldnt be bad, but in a .338. lapua mag, money makes the shot count.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
                    very nice, yea i left out the accuracy international rifle. i do like that as well, if im not mistaken that would be known as the L96A1 correct? the brits use it i think, very very VERY well known for its accuracy. i like the look of the les baer rifle, as well as the macmillan. for the price, the savage wouldnt be bad, but in a .338. lapua mag, money makes the shot count.
                    I forgot to mention: You can build a better savage than you can buy. Get a magnum action, and start swapping in the exact parts you want. If you're going that route, though, you may want to look at .338RUM or .338Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by dmdakota View Post
                      http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1832808

topped with a http://www.usoptics.com/product.php?partnumber=SN3-2500

That setup will do all I will ever need and more.

I see no real need for a .338 to damned expensive to pull the trigger on those.
                      that would suffice even a pipe dream
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                      X