HK p30 Under water SEA torture test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK p30 Under water SEA torture test.

So these crazy guys decide to test the P30 at the beach and fire underwater and the gun still cycles.

Reliable?

First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
    So these crazy guys decide to test the P30 at the beach and fire underwater and the gun still cycles.

Reliable?

yeah that super crazy feeling is your kidneys bleeding. Last time I saw someone do that kind of testing with a glock they were pissing blood.

I'm impressed - but then again I just can't figure out how the force of moving all that water of the barrel doesn't cause it to rupture - unless gasses are passing the projectile and clearing the barrel ahead of the bullet.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

A little more of an extreme H&K test:

http://pistol-training.com/archives/4027 -> 50k rounds through an HK45

BTW: I really hope this damn weather doesn't stall my new HK45C from getting here by the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
        A little more of an extreme H&K test:

http://pistol-training.com/archives/4027 -> 50k rounds through an HK45

BTW: I really hope this damn weather doesn't stall my new HK45C from getting here by the weekend!
        FS: 1 HK45

minimal wear - 50,000 rounds.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          FS: 1 HK45

minimal wear - 50,000 rounds.

Actually it would read barely used under 200 rounds.

Comment

was he only firing 3 rounds after the water egress, or was it having issues that only allowed 3 rounds? Though im not sure whay that would be

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Actually it would read barely used under 200 rounds.
              lol yeah you're probably right. Most people can't tell a damn bit of difference.

Comment

Damn, that is pretty cool!

I am a big H&K fan, it is undeniable that they make some pretty good shit. I just wish my USP liked my reloads as much as it likes factory ammo.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  Damn, that is pretty cool!

I am a big H&K fan, it is undeniable that they make some pretty good shit. I just wish my USP liked my reloads as much as it likes factory ammo.
                  What projectiles are you using? Are they not feeding?
                  First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                    What projectiles are you using? Are they not feeding?
                    I don't think the projectiles I am using are the issue.

With factory ammo the gun works great, but with most of my reloads the gun has a hard time locking. If I take the barrel out of the gun and drop a round in then it wont come out when I invert the barrel. With factory ammo the rounds drop free. In my 1911 my reloads works fine, same with the mac.

Maybe I have been putting too much taper crimp on the rounds, but oh well.

Comment

I don't think the projectiles I am using are the issue.

With factory ammo the gun works great, but with most of my reloads the gun has a hard time locking. If I take the barrel out of the gun and drop a round in then it wont come out when I invert the barrel. With factory ammo the rounds drop free. In my 1911 my reloads works fine, same with the mac.

Maybe I have been putting too much taper crimp on the rounds, but oh well.
                      what diameter bullets are you using? Sometimes people get out of spec projectiles. You might want to hit them with a good caliper. I wouldn't crimp them at all, the neck tension should hold them in just fine. You should never have this issue no matter how tight the chamber is.

Comment

what diameter bullets are you using? Sometimes people get out of spec projectiles. You might want to hit them with a good caliper. I wouldn't crimp them at all, the neck tension should hold them in just fine. You should never have this issue no matter how tight the chamber is.
                        I know that I dont need to crimp, but I like to put a slight amount of taper crimp on my 45acp rounds so that they feed better in my open bolt gun.

I am fairly certain that the rounds I am using are not the problem, but I will load up a bunch of different loadings today after a strip to the store, with and without crimps to see what the deal is.

Also, again, only the USP is finnickey. The Colt gobbles up whatever crap I put into it.

Comment

I know that I dont need to crimp, but I like to put a slight amount of taper crimp on my 45acp rounds so that they feed better in my open bolt gun.

I am fairly certain that the rounds I am using are not the problem, but I will load up a bunch of different loadings today after a strip to the store, with and without crimps to see what the deal is.

Also, again, only the USP is finnickey. The Colt gobbles up whatever crap I put into it.
                          I've never had any issues in any HK's I've chambed my loads into, including Fiux's USP.

Comment

I've never had any issues in any HK's I've chambed my loads into, including Fiux's USP.
                            Hmm, what do you think the issue is? I chambered a round a while back and when I hand cycled the slide to eject it there was a bit of resistance, like the round was seated in the chamber too hard or something.

The 1911 extracted the cartridge with ease.

I suspect that maybe the USP just does not like crimped rounds because they "wedge" in the chamber or something.

Comment

Hmm, what do you think the issue is? I chambered a round a while back and when I hand cycled the slide to eject it there was a bit of resistance, like the round was seated in the chamber too hard or something.

The 1911 extracted the cartridge with ease.

I suspect that maybe the USP just does not like crimped rounds because they "wedge" in the chamber or something.
                              I would try not crimping them and see how it is. Caliper some store rounds and then yours, see if you can find where it's expanding. It could also be your dies.

Comment

Working...
                              X