Anyone have a Taurus Millennium pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Taurus Millennium pro?

How do you like it if you do? Any other info is greatly appreciated.
    92 LX 5.0

In before the haters!

I had a PT-145 Pro and I liked it. Even in 45acp, it wasn't too much of a handful.
    The only time I had any sort of malfunction was when I tried to shoot some 1943 vintage G.I. ball ammo through it. It wouldn't strike the primers quite hard enough to ignite them. Every other kind of ammo I ever tried functioned flawlessly.

The only reason I don't have it any more is that a guy I worked with made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I had one too. .40, never a single flaw shooting it.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have had 3 of them and would not hesitate to own another. The Taurus name got a bad wrap, but I think that money for money it is hard to beat....

I shot over 2000 rounds through my old 45 without a single hiccup. When I got my CHL I had half the class borrow my gun because the only ammo Winchester had was .45. Out of 500 rounds of pretty steady shooting not one malfunction.

Comment

Ok. I have never messed with a Taurus before and wnated some first hand opinions. I am eventually going to test out different models to see which one feels the best.
          92 LX 5.0

Comment

I have one in .45. I've had nothing but problems with it. I love the size of the gun, how it feels and have read many many positive reviews on it, however mine suffers from feeding issues. At first I read it was a magazine problem with the feed spring being too tight. The suggestion was to cut a two coils off. That didn't work. Others stated the later/new magazines addressed feeding issues. A new one was bought to no avail. It was shipped to Taraus, was allegedly fixed, but feeding issue continued. It is back at Taurus. I was going to use it as a carry, but not so much anymore.

Comment

Iv had a PT145 for a couple years with no problems. My only complaint is that the magazine doesnt feel like it's tight enough. I havent had any problems but if you barley touch the mag release the mag will come out.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                In before the haters!
                Someone call for a Taurus hater?
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I shot a .45 version and it was the probably the worst reliability gun I've ever shot, second only to Mr. fiux's lorcin .380. I would pull the trigger 2 or 3 times and it would fire, jammed all the time, etc. etc.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Loved my PT140 Mil, great first gun. I called it the wrist breaker, that thing had some kick.

Never malfunctioned over the 250 or so rounds I had...sold it with most of my other firearms back when Obama took over and bought a car.

Now I have my collection back again, need to get a Taurus...

Comment

I have a PT111 (9mm). It has always shot great with what ever brand ammo I use.
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I have the 9mm pro, stainless slide. Bought it from a friend and have been pretty pleased with it. For the money I'd recommend one. I didn't care for the millenium (non pro). It shot fine, but the ergonomics of the trigger and trigger guard were uncomfortable. My ex-girlfriend had one for a little while. My finger would drag the bottom of the guard while squeezing the trigger back. I do like that the pro is single and double action where the millenium wasn't.

Comment

Dad had one, it chronically misfired and jammed.
                          I would not purchase another.

Comment

My wife and I both have one. Thousands of rounds, never 1 single issue.

Comment

Working...
                            X