The amazing gelatinous glock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    You owned a Sigma long enough to put you on the perma-out crowd list.
    Yeah, but I sold it for $175.00 more than I paid for it. It was a business decision Tony!

Comment

Originally posted by nash b. View Post
      you owned a sigma long enough to put you on the perma-out crowd list.
      lol
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        Isn't Gelatinous Glock Gaston's cousin?
        yep, unfortunately he didn't have the rigidity to land a 31 year old girlfriend.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          You owned a Sigma long enough to put you on the perma-out crowd list.

Comment

Here's a 1911.. Though the image is small I see what appears to be some flex in this too. Lends credence to the theory of visual distortion rather than flex in the polymer. At least some of it. Pay attention to the top of the slide, and barrel:

Comment

Sig P238:

Comment

Yeah that all looks right. Steel will definitely flex, take a look at an AK or AR firing in slow motion. Are you talking about the aliasing on the top of the slide? What futant is talking about is not a "heat bubble" he's lost his mind. Optical distortions do not cause you to see the lower barrel lug, insides of the gun, or the take down lever to move from the flex.

I found the image/video off a post on thefirearmblog.com. If you read the comments below, there are some pretty interesting observations about the severity of it's frame flexing. Obviously the guns work like this, but it's just fascinating to see.
                Last edited by CJ; 03-14-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Yeah that all looks right. Steel will definitely flex, take a look at an AK or AR firing in slow motion. Are you talking about the aliasing on the top of the slide? What futant is talking about is not a "heat bubble" he's lost his mind. Optical distortions do not cause you to see the lower barrel lug, insides of the gun, or the take down lever to move from the flex.

I found the image/video off a post on thefirearmblog.com. If you read the comments below, there are some pretty interesting observations about the severity of it's frame flexing. Obviously the guns work like this, but it's just fascinating to see.
                  FWIW, I'm not disputing that the Glock doesn't flex like an SOB.. Just saw those videos and figured it made sense to post them as well.

He has an AR on there, but it's a close up of the upper receiver only, and really didn't show any flex. You could see the dust cover bouncing back and forth but that was it.

Comment

Glocks and Glock people suck.
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

It's plastic. I wouldn't expect it to be as rigid as metal. The question is, is if it's yield strength is ever compromised, having gone past it's elastic limit? If not, that thing can "bounce" a long, long time and never break. Think of a spring, it can compress and be stretched thousands of times as long as you never exceed it's elastic limit.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        It's plastic. I wouldn't expect it to be as rigid as metal. The question is, is if it's yield strength is ever compromised, having gone past it's elastic limit? If not, that thing can "bounce" a long, long time and never break. Think of a spring, it can compress and be stretched thousands of times as long as you never exceed it's elastic limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          FWIW, I'm not disputing that the Glock doesn't flex like an SOB.. Just saw those videos and figured it made sense to post them as well.

He has an AR on there, but it's a close up of the upper receiver only, and really didn't show any flex. You could see the dust cover bouncing back and forth but that was it.
                          The flex on AR15's is mostly the barrel, it stops at the receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            Sig P238:

Whoa! They make a .32NAA P238? The pointless caliber hairs on the back of my neck are standing at full attention.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post

so its ok for steal to flex but not plastic? lolololol oh hell

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                                so its ok for steal to flex but not plastic? lolololol oh hell
                                It's spelled steel. And yes, it flexes. It doesn't look like gelatin. Don't get butt hurt, glocks look like gelatin and work just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X