Range chest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range chest?

I have a bunch of steel targets and other items I take to the range and set up. I'm tired of lugging them around in their original boxes or a heaping pile. Does anyone here use any type of heavy duty chest to hold 100lbs of range stuff that they'd recommend and where to get one? Something that can be loaded and tossed into the back of a truck with no worries.

You could always weld a little rack up, and bolt it onto the frame of a garden cart.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      You could always weld a little rack up, and bolt it onto the frame of a garden cart.
      Looking for something polymer/plastic to keep weight down and so that in the summer time I don't get 3rd degree burns every time I touch it :P

Comment

How big is the biggest item that will go in it? I have a large Plano footlocker that I got last year to keep my hunting gear in. It has wheels on one end and makes it a whole lot easier to get all my gear in the truck, to and from the land...

I think it's 36x14x15 or so.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Something like this would do quite well, I have one that my little prother used as a shipping box when he was in Iraq. I have used it as a "trunk" a couple of times and it handled it well.

Comment

Yeah for lugging around fields and other places like that you'll want something like the Pelican above, or other brand that is not flimsy. I use the hell out of Plano stuff - but they have their limitations if you're going to be rough on them.

Although a Plano box or 3 with a yard/garden cart would be effective with the cart's big wheels and probably cheaper. Those carts tend to be available on CL too.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'd love a big ole Pelican case but I'm cheap and poor. May have to go with the Plano case or just wait around for the right deal.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                I'd love a big ole Pelican case but I'm cheap and poor. May have to go with the Plano case or just wait around for the right deal.

Comment

overpriced? I would be interested in one or two of those but not at 2/3 or $500. I would be down for the 1620s and don't care for the foam or inserts.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    overpriced? I would be interested in one or two of those but not at 2/3 or $500. I would be down for the 1620s and don't care for the foam or inserts.
                    Offer they guy $300 for the lot. There aren't a lot of buyers for large cases like that. $100 per case isn't a bad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                      Offer they guy $300 for the lot. There aren't a lot of buyers for large cases like that. $100 per case isn't a bad deal.
                      I would if I were home. Anyone want to go in on any of them?
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Saw those yesterday. $500 for used boxes is stupid. I don't know what the deal is but ppl seem to think their used Pelican cases are worth %90 of new value it seems, and most the time the foam is torn up or not even there. The 1660 he has listed may work, it would be cutting it close.

Comment

Saw those yesterday. $500 for used boxes is stupid. I don't know what the deal is but ppl seem to think their used Pelican cases are worth %90 of new value it seems, and most the time the foam is torn up or not even there. The 1660 he has listed may work, it would be cutting it close.
                          I think $300 is more than fair, if you and Keith go in on that deal it would be worth it.

Comment

The last three pelican cases I bought I paid around $25/each for. Because of that that is my standard for pricing

Comment

The last three pelican cases I bought I paid around $25/each for. Because of that that is my standard for pricing
                              That is a pretty damned good deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X