FN Scar 16s or 17s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FN Scar 16s or 17s

Which would you buy. I am torn between the two. So I am asking for your help. I know some of you have to own some of them. How do you like it?
    FN Scar 16s .223
    0%
    FN Scar 17s .308
    0%
    Putin it in Obama's Ass
    0%

The poll is expired.

I have both.

The 17s makes sense; it is peerless in the marketplace of semi auto 7.62x51 battle rifles. It is light as hell, has AR controls, very low recoil, is incredibly accurate, incredibly reliable, and can be converted to 5.56/.223 with a kit from Desert Dog.

The 16s has so many competitors that it just makes it an expensive AR15 with a piston. It is like a big, clumsy AR with a piston and a strange recoil impulse that destroys optics.

I can say that the SCAR 17s is better than G3s, FALs, M1As, AR10s, etc. by such a wide margin that is isn't even fair.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      I have both.

The 17s makes sense; it is peerless in the marketplace of semi auto 7.62x51 battle rifles. It is light as hell, has AR controls, very low recoil, is incredibly accurate, incredibly reliable, and can be converted to 5.56/.223 with a kit from Desert Dog.

The 16s has so many competitors that it just makes it an expensive AR15 with a piston. It is like a big, clumsy AR with a piston and a strange recoil impulse that destroys optics.

I can say that the SCAR 17s is better than G3s, FALs, M1As, AR10s, etc. by such a wide margin that is isn't even fair.
      Nice, isn't that conversion kit also insanely high.

Comment

SCAR16 is a really expensive AR15. SCAR17s makes sense.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
          Nice, isn't that conversion kit also insanely high.
          Sure, but its cheaper than buying a scar 16 to supplement your 17.

Comment

You guys have the flashy FDE or black. I see black ones are cheaper.

Comment

Black 17s, tan 16s. I wish both were black, the tan sucks (three colors, one for the stock, one for the lower, one for the upper).

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                I have both.

Well said. The AR10 just doesn't do it for me in a .308 battle rifle. But the SCAR17 does.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I like my PTR. I'll keep adding to the stable eventually, though.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    Well said. The AR10 just doesn't do it for me in a .308 battle rifle. But the SCAR17 does.
                    I think the AR10 fits the DMR role well. It would make a shit general infantry weapon, but than again so would most/all .308 cal rifles.

Comment

.308 rifles are big and heavy, it's just that simple.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        .308 rifles are big and heavy, it's just that simple.
                        Translation - shit general issue weapon.

I really want to drag this FAL out to the range now that I have ammo for it. Maybe I will fall in love with it and have the barrel brought down to a reasonable length.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                          Translation - shit general issue weapon.

I really want to drag this FAL out to the range now that I have ammo for it. Maybe I will fall in love with it and have the barrel brought down to a reasonable length.
                          The thing about .308 rifles is the powder is so slow burning you start experiencing unacceptable velocity losses at 16" I think last time I did the math, at 12" a .300blk has the same power as a .308. And the most you'll get from cutting a barrel down 4" or so is a few ounces (and tinnitus). What length is your barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            The thing about .308 rifles is the powder is so slow burning you start experiencing unacceptable velocity losses at 16" I think last time I did the math, at 12" a .300blk has the same power as a .308. And the most you'll get from cutting a barrel down 4" or so is a few ounces (and tinnitus). What length is your barrel?
                            Should be 21". I would measure it but it is buried under a pile of guns. Trying to get my gun room ready for a new safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                              Should be 21". I would measure it but it is buried under a pile of guns. Trying to get my gun room ready for a new safe.
                              Trade it to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X