No announcement yet.

Is this normal for ident marking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never had a problem with them and I've done business with them multiple times. I've never had to drop my shit off and leave it either. I'm typically in and out in 20 minutes unless I get caught up playing with some of their night vision or they're showing me machineguns.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Never had a problem with them and I've done business with them multiple times. I've never had to drop my shit off and leave it either. I'm typically in and out in 20 minutes unless I get caught up playing with some of their night vision or they're showing me machineguns.
      That is what everyone has said but both times when I have called before an item was dropped off and I specifically asked about that and they said no. They did tell me that they stay late on Tues and Thurs to do these jobs but that nobody could wait. Seems like the rules and standards change by the day. If they had of informed me of their new rules about my trust before I had it dropped off I would not have taken it there to start with. But dont hold my property hostage unless I provide a document that has no link to the item in question at all. Call me paranoid but that is not a document that I just want at the disposal of anyone who "just needs to see it"

Comment

They probably read your posts on here and just don't like you.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          I will not, I would rather do it myself with an electric pen than give that douche another dime. For the record a Schedule A can be edited by anyone to show anything. It is no more a means of proof than me writing it on a piece of paper I just wiped my ass with.
          No shit. They probably dont care as long as get something that tells them one way or another and they document it. It's a CYA for them, they could careless about whatever fraudulent documents someone wants to dream up.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            They probably read your posts on here and just don't like you.
            Oh yeah, what about you?

Comment

Oh yeah, what about you?
              I like you just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                I like you just fine.
                Thanks

Comment

That is what everyone has said but both times when I have called before an item was dropped off and I specifically asked about that and they said no. They did tell me that they stay late on Tues and Thurs to do these jobs but that nobody could wait. Seems like the rules and standards change by the day. If they had of informed me of their new rules about my trust before I had it dropped off I would not have taken it there to start with. But dont hold my property hostage unless I provide a document that has no link to the item in question at all. Call me paranoid but that is not a document that I just want at the disposal of anyone who "just needs to see it"
                  If you call up there, you typically get 1 of 3 people that normally answer the phone and they're just telling you what someone higher up has told them to say. I can't think of the owners name that I've talked to each time I was in there but even he told me that Tues/Thurs nights essentially happen off the record. It gives the engravers a chance to make extra money because they get paid directly and it brings in enough money to make it worth their time to stay the couple extra hours. Do they go out and advertise Tues/Thurs nights? Not exactly because they don't want some vendor bringing up 100 items to be engraved when that vendor was just told there's a 6 week lead time on those 100 items. But if you have something small, call to ask about lead times, tell them you don't want to wait that long, that's when they'll tell you about stopping by.

IMHO they do top not work and it beats having to ship something off to another engraver and having to wait 6-8 weeks.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Id tell them to eat shit. That trust has no business being shown to them.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That is shady. Like everyone has said, there is no reason for them to have any documentation from you unless they are handing you back a NFA item. A bare lower engraved with the name of your trust does not a NFA item make.

Keeping a copy for themselves = extreme shady bullshit.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Why? How?
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          Then dont go back there. Their business to cover any of their service provided to the fullest extent to which they feel necessary. It's relatively safe to assume that a trust engraving on an AR lower is either NFA or going to be. If it isn't NFA, your trust should prove that and they can give it to whomever they please. If it is NFA they'll be more than happy to give it to whomever specified in the trust.
                          Yeah, but it isn't necessarily an NFA item. It may already be registered (but not built and engraved), it may eventually become one, or somebody might just want their name on it. But I really don't see why someone would go through the effort and expense of getting it engraved if they were going to illegally manufacture or transfer an NFA item. CYA against that is dumb.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

All you do is tell them it isn't form 1'ed yet. Must have been dealing with some kind of dumbass. Most people will engrave before they ever file a form 1, that way if the engraver fucks up (I've had this happen before with ident) you don't waste a $200 tax stamp. So next time that happens, just tell them there is no form 1, it's just a receiver.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                              Prosecution or litigation would be my guess. Obviously they know that the gun is a registered NFA item. They probably just want to make sure that it's going back to someone it belongs to and not some illegal transfer to someone else.
                              No they don't know it's a registered NFA item. More than likely all of their receivers are not registered NFA items, they are just receivers. It makes no damn sense.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                All you do is tell them it isn't form 1'ed yet. Must have been dealing with some kind of dumbass. Most people will engrave before they ever file a form 1, that way if the engraver fucks up (I've had this happen before with ident) you don't waste a $200 tax stamp. So next time that happens, just tell them there is no form 1, it's just a receiver.
                                Just out of curiosity, how'd that turn out? Is there a replacement policy or such on an engraver's mistake?
                                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                                X