Is this normal for ident marking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal for ident marking?

I had my wife drop off and pick up a lower receiver for engraving at ident marking. This is the second one that I have had her do this for me. The first time it's was just simple drop it off, fill out a little info, and pick it up and pay when it was ready. This time it was a little different. It was dropped off as normal and when she went to pick it up the guy said he needed a copy of my trust before he would release it to her. She called me and told me and I sent it to her email. When she showed it to him on her phone he said it wasn't good enough and had her forward it to his email so he could print and keep. She didn't call me and tell me this until she was gone. I'm not sure I agree with his need to keep a copy of my trust in his files. Am I being paranoid or is this really necessary?

Subscribed.

Comment

Model 1 Sales tried to get me to bring them a copy of my Form 1 when I bought my 11.5" upper from them.

When I picked it up they didn't even ask to look at it, so I don't know what was happening there.

Comment

I don't see why they'd need to see a trust, much less keep a copy, for engraving a lower. I also don't see why you'd need to show Model 1 when you're buying an upper unless you told them that it was going on a SBR specifically.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Nope, not normal at all and I have used them many times.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I didnt think so and it came off shady as fuck. Is there anything he can do to fuck with me by having a copy of my trust?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              I didnt think so and it came off shady as fuck. Is there anything he can do to fuck with me by having a copy of my trust?
              I think the shady as fuck part is you sending your wife. Why wouldn't you just go drop it off pick it up and fill out a little paperwork?
              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                I think the shady as fuck part is you sending your wife. Why wouldn't you just go drop it off pick it up and fill out a little paperwork?
                Go fuck yourself punk, I'm at motherfuckin work and she is off today.

Comment

Huh?? What's shady about that? Wives run errands for husbands, and some times vice versa.

Comment

Wat? My wife is on my trust, no reason she couldn't handle NFA things for me if needed. I don't know about his situation though.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                      Go fuck yourself punk, I'm at motherfuckin work and she is off today.
                      Damn, defensive much? Calm your shit. Just givin you hell lol
                      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                        Wat? My wife is on my trust, no reason she couldn't handle NFA things for me if needed. I don't know about his situation though.
                        She is on the trust so all is on the up and up. Reguardless if she is or isn't she should be able to be in possession of a lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          Huh?? What's shady about that? Wives run errands for husbands, and some times vice versa.
                          Maybe if it is to the kitchen and back
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I'm not sure I'd send anyone to do something that important. Whether it was just a simple drop off or not.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd send anyone to do something that important. Whether it was just a simple drop off or not.
                              Trust motherfucker. I wouldn't have an issue having my wife do it, I would expect 30 phone calls with questions though.

Also, a spouse isn't anyone. If she fucks up (or he in your case) not only do they have to live with unhappy husband, but it affects them financially as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X