ATF 41p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF 41p

Would you guys advise me to go ahead and buy 2 more suppressors? Have the sparrow ordered and was looking at the AAC 762-SDN-6 and SilencerCo .45 Osprey. Wanting to have them ordered before the possible changes to trusts.

Ok I just put some things together. I was at the Ft. worth gun show today and there was a guy in his booth that was literally preaching to anyone who would listen and he was talking loud enough that everyone around could hear about this. The way he was talking it was like armageddon was here.

Comment

Don't think it would be the end of the world lol. But it would suck if they did what they are talking about.

Comment

I don't see any concrete info anywhere on "changes"

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          I don't see any concrete info anywhere on "changes"
          Read here. http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1140-AA43

The Department of Justice is planning to finalize a proposed rule to amend the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act. As proposed, the rule would (1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; and (3) modify the requirements regarding the certificate of the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO).*Agency:*Department of Justice(DOJ)*Priority:*Other Significant*RIN Status:*Previously published in the Unified AgendaAgenda Stage of Rulemaking:*Proposed Rule Stage*Major:*No*Unfunded Mandates:*No*CFR Citation:*27 CFR 479*Legal Authority:*26 USC 7805*Legal Deadline:**None

Statement of Need:*The current firearms regulations permit a corporation, partnership, trust or other legal entity to submit applications to ATF to acquire firearms registered under the National Firearms Act (NFA) without a responsible person of such an entity having to meet requirements currently in place for individuals that seek to ensure that prohibited persons do not gain access to NFA firearms (i.e., undergo a background check, provide a certificate of a CLEO).

Summary of the Legal Basis:*This rulemaking is in response to a petition for rulemaking. No aspect of this rulemaking is required by statute or court order

Alternatives:*The Agency is soliciting public comment on how the application process can be made more efficient and effective.

Anticipated Costs and Benefits:*Total annual costs are estimated at $14.9 million and encompass costs to legal entities associated with the application, ATF processing costs, and costs to local and State agencies in providing the CLEO certificate. There will be public safety benefits as the provisions will enable ATF to ensure that responsible persons within legal entities are not prohibited from possessing NFA firearms under Federal, State, or local law

Comment

Haven't they been talking about this for over a year now?

If it passes, wonder what that does to all applications currently in wait for review but "accepted" by the ATF?

Comment

This has reached UN Arms Treaty levels of fear mongering.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                Haven't they been talking about this for over a year now?

If it passes, wonder what that does to all applications currently in wait for review but "accepted" by the ATF?
                I think they have been. In December they had a comment period where you could address concerns ect. From what I'm reading the atf isn't set to decide on it until June or after. Trust lawyer sites I have been reading on state if it was implemented, they would probably do the ones they have the original way. Again, no idea if this is even a long shot of them doing, just didn't see anything on here about it.

Comment

If you're in denton county, you're fine on getting a CLEO sig.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    If you're in denton county, you're fine on getting a CLEO sig.
                    I'm in Ellis County. No idea how Johnny Brown is with it.

Comment

curious, how's tarrant?
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        curious, how's tarrant?
                        Willing to bet shitty. Dee Anderson is a prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                          Willing to bet shitty. Dee Anderson is a prick.
                          Appears he signs them, just takes a long time.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Anderson signs easy I send in form4, copy of chl and a SASE and usually have it back in a week.

Comment

Yep, he signed off on my Form 1's before I had a trust, his secretary seemed quite nice!

I'll probably submit one more SBR before this goes down.

Comment

Working...
                              X