Waxahachie gun show 12/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxahachie gun show 12/28

Went this morning with my little one. It was sparse and not much of a crowd at all. Best thing I saw there were some tumbling steel plate targets that always wind up with a spot to shoot on them. Guy said they will take just about any round except armor piercing stuff. They had a demo video playing and I was impressed enough to pick up a couple.

I saw those almost got one but did not.. I got some 223 soft point rounds from ammo biz to try out had 50 rounds for 23 tax included did not think that was too bad
    sigpic

Comment

I picked up that guys card. He had some nice looking stuff and I will buy from him at some point.

Comment

I don't see how those guys sell ammunition without any liability insurance.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          I don't see how those guys sell ammunition without any liability insurance.
          Sell until lawsuit, file bankruptcy, open new business, repeat

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
            This.-------------------

Comment

I couldn't do something that shady.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

They had some sort of very official looking paper in a display stand on the table. I didn't read it but it may have been something like that. I also saw on the boxes a disclaimer that you hold all responsibility for the ammo once you load it up or something along those lines.

Comment

File a proof of claim, then a motion to lift stay and you can sue them into oblivion. Also if they could not prove to the court that they were insolvent then your lawsuit would be much easier. If it were to file bankruptcy based on the sole fact that a suit has been filed they would have little ground to stand on in this regard.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    They had some sort of very official looking paper in a display stand on the table. I didn't read it but it may have been something like that. I also saw on the boxes a disclaimer that you hold all responsibility for the ammo once you load it up or something along those lines.
                    That means they didn't have insurance. I've looked into the insurance required for ammunition manufacturing. With my cost calculations you would have to be selling over 100,000 rounds monthly to make that profitable.

Comment

I just remembered small talking with the guy and he said they were producing about 80k rounds a month. He also blurted out that they just picked up some cia or secret service contract and that they are all carrying 300 blk these days.

Is there something I should know here????

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        File a proof of claim, then a motion to lift stay and you can sue them into oblivion. Also if they could not prove to the court that they were insolvent then your lawsuit would be much easier. If it were to file bankruptcy based on the sole fact that a suit has been filed they would have little ground to stand on in this regard.
                        That's assuming you can get your motion to lift approved. Usually that only happens with secured lenders. I have a lot of trouble getting lifts on even my customers sometimes. Some courts are completely unwilling to listen to claimants, my attorney wouldn't even bother. I think the best you could get is hope to seize assets owned by the company.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                          I just remembered small talking with the guy and he said they were producing about 80k rounds a month. He also blurted out that they just picked up some cia or secret service contract and that they are all carrying 300 blk these days.

Is there something I should know here????
                          I have no idea what the guy does or has, I'm just going off my personal experience. I can just tell you that most guys with CIA contracts are not going to be peddling wares at a gun show. There is certainly a WHOLE lot of money in manufacturing ammunition, but only if you're willing to operate at great personal and financial risk of litigation. There's a reason there is only a handful of ammunition manufacturers out there, the insurance is absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            That's assuming you can get your motion to lift approved. Usually that only happens with secured lenders. I have a lot of trouble getting lifts on even my customers sometimes. Some courts are completely unwilling to listen to claimants, my attorney wouldn't even bother. I think the best you could get is hope to seize assets owned by the company.
                            Perhaps, however if you could prove that the company was indeed profitable and not insolvent and a sudden lapse into bankruptcy occurred out of the blue then in the court's eyes it would look very suspicious.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                              Perhaps, however if you could prove that the company was indeed profitable and not insolvent and a sudden lapse into bankruptcy occurred out of the blue then in the court's eyes it would look very suspicious.
                              Certainly grounds for a dismissal.

Comment

Working...
                              X