Eotech + Energizer alkaline = fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eotech + Energizer alkaline = fail

I learned the hard way to only use lithium batteries. Alkaline cells WILL leak and ruin your scope.

Last time I checked, my EOTech was fine. Went to qualify, hit the switch on the EOTech... Nothing. Batteries leaked. Terminals were corroded. Rather than try to rig it (duty rifle, can't take a chance with a scope that might/might not work), I sent it to Energizer. Today I got a check.

No mas Energizer for me. I found out that the big battery companies all have a warranty/claim center. Energizer's was a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with but they finally settled my claim. First they tried to say my scope never got to them until I gave em the date/time/person who signed for it when FedEx delivered it. Seems they found my scope the very next day! Then they claimed they couldnt find a "I-O eck" scope on the Bass Pro website to determine retail value. Are they too stupid to read EOTech on the side of the scope i sent em?

I am pretty sure lithium batteries can so leak.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      I am pretty sure lithium batteries can so leak.
      They aren't corrosive.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I used to take my AR to Two Gun matches once a year. The day before the match, new batteries went in. It was cheap insurance.
        Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

So if a battery leaks and ruins your equipment the battery company has to replace it? Wish I knew this 50 remote controls ago

Comment

I would have told you tough shit. Use them more often and they wont leak.

Comment

Duracell is no better. My last pack of Duracell Coppertop AA (the newer ones with the silver band around it) from Costco ended up with 6 of them leaking. Destroyed 2 of my kid's WiiU controllers and started to leak in my Apple Bluetooth keyboard.

If you send in the damaged equipment, Duracell will replace them. Unfortunately, I threw away both of the WiiU controllers before I found out about this.

Name brand battery doesn't necessarily get you a better product. Just a better warranty when it goes bad...

Comment

Remove batteries when not in use?

Comment

Guess I'll have to check my eotech. Ive had it two years, used it once and never taken the batteries out.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    I would have told you tough shit. Use them more often and they wont leak.
                    Glad a different woman answered the phone at Energizer then.

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    Remove batteries when not in use?
                    Good solution. Except for the fact that this is a law enforcement rifle. "Hey homicidal rampage guy, hang tight while I install some fresh batteries in my scope!"

Comment

ACOG, dude. It's a write-off, and it takes no batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                        Glad a different woman answered the phone at Energizer then.

Good solution. Except for the fact that this is a law enforcement rifle. "Hey homicidal rampage guy, hang tight while I install some fresh batteries in my scope!"
                        Do you do an equipment check every time you go to work? Apparently not.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good point. You could just step up your replacement interval.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                            As opposed to finding out that they don't work when you need them??

Exactly my point.

Unfortunately I have nothing to compare it with other than my Surefire flashlights that I use regularly. I may not check them every night but I do inspect it fairly regularly and carry a spare battery with me when I go out at night.

Comment

Working...
                            X