Attn : CJ got a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn : CJ got a question

Hey CJ got a question for you. I have been messing with AR for about a year now but I never really started thinking about the action and how one worked until the other day. Mine is a Rainier Arms and it short cycles with cheap ammo like Tula. I was wondering now that I some what understanding how the action works. Could the buffer weight and spring be changed to a lighter one so that it would cycle easier and allow those ammos to work for just playing around shooting ? I never realized the bolt went into the buffer tube as part of the action until the other day so I just figured that the resistance of the buffer spring and weight would be the only thing making it short cycle
    sigpic

That's a common problem with tula. Lighter buffer/spring should fix it. Sometimes a misaligned gas block can be blamed.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Might be the flux capacitor?
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

One thing I've done before is take some electrical tape with you to the range, and tape a few coils at a time at the end of the buffer tube (not the end that the buffer rides) to reduce the tension and see if you can get it reliable. However, the buffer also plays a role. First you need to identify what kind of buffer you have. See if there is a letter stamp on the buffer.

Also, you need to check your gas key, and make sure it's staked properly and it isn't loose. the gas travels up the front sight, through the tube, into the BCG via the gas key, and then the gases are what unlocks the bolt/sends it back. So the speed/strength at which the bolt returns is determined by both the gas pressure, and the spring pressure, they both work in unison.
        Last edited by CJ; 12-12-2013, 10:38 PM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
        X