G36 to the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 to the US?

Heckler & Koch has applied to the German government for permission to sell a new civilian-legal version of the H&K G36, one that is much truer to the original than the sporterized HK SLR.In Europe the gun will be called the HK243 and in the USA it will be marketed as the HK293.

Heckler & Koch has applied to the German government for permission to sell a new civilian-legal version of the H&K G36, one that is much truer to the original than the sporterized HK SLR. In Europe the gun will be called the HK243 and in the USA it will be marketed as the HK293.

The rifle is made with parts from the G36, but the bolt and the .223-chambered barrel design are unique. The reason for this is that gun companies in Germany cannot sell “weapons of war” to civilians. This gun has been sufficiently changed that it cannot be easily converted to a military-stye fully-automatic G36.

The rifle will feature a quad rail and a STANAG magazine well that accepts standard AR-15 magazine. Four different types of stocks will be offered, a short fixed stock, a long fixed stock (hunting/SLR style?) and two types of adjustable stocks.

There will be four different model (Compact, Kurtz (Short), Sporter and Long) which vary by barrel length from 8.9″ – 18.8″. It is not clear if H&K actually plan on selling the shorter barrel (SBR) versions in the USA, or if they are just apply for approval in case they ever wish to in the future.

I'd buy one.

Comment

So are these being built here? Certainly not being imported as SBRs for private sale since they'd be dealer samples.

Comment

They are coming over like the SCAR. Pinned mag well (single shot rifle) and some components will be made at the New Hampshire factory. They differ from a g36 in many ways, but cool none the less.

More info here (translate the page):

The German govt has not approved it yet, as they are weird about exporting weapons of war for civilian use and even require end user certificates for small arms now (wtf).

Also the old roller lock stuff is making a comeback:

Also next year marks the 50th anniversary of the MP5, and the 50th anniversary will see big changes. I have been sworn to secrecy, but it will be very neat!
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

My big change on an mp5 would be a quick change barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            My big change on an mp5 would be a quick change barrel.

I have some HK quick change barrels but they are for a HK11 or HK21. Why would you need something like that with a 9mm sub gun?
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              I have some HK quick change barrels but they are for a HK11 or HK21. Why would you need something like that with a 9mm sub gun?
              So I can have a 9/10/40/45 etc without having handfuls of other receivers to keep paperwork on.

Comment

So I can have a 9/10/40/45 etc without having handfuls of other receivers to keep paperwork on.
                HK has already done that for you. Just get a trunnion for a HK 21 and weld it into your receiver and have some barrels made. I will loan you one of my barrels to make a pattern from or you could talk Michaels Machines into giving you the prints.

HKP, HKPARTS, HK, H&K, HECKLER, KOCH, HECKER&KOCH, VP9, MP5

The only hard part is fluting the chamber; I have never figured out how to do that.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

That's a lot more effort than what I want to do. That's why I want HK to do it and just sell me the thing.

Comment

That's a lot more effort than what I want to do. That's why I want HK to do it and just sell me the thing.

I would not hold my breath if I were you. H&K wants the hell out of the delayed roller blowback action gun business completely and they resent the hell out of having to still make the MP5s. The ONLY reason they still make the MP5s is because of heavy consumer demand; and those consumers would flip the fuck out if they stopped making them.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                      I would not hold my breath if I were you. H&K wants the hell out of the delayed roller blowback action gun business completely and they resent the hell out of having to still make the MP5s. The ONLY reason they still make the MP5s is because of heavy consumer demand; and those consumers would flip the fuck out if they stopped making them.
                      I don't hold my breath for anything HK. Their products don't really fascinate me and it's all overly expensive for no advantage in the end.

It would just be nice if an mp5 had that feature.

Comment

Working...
                      X