Cannon Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannon Safe

Thinking of purchasing a Cannon 48 Wide Body Gun Safe from Tractor Supply on Black Friday. I'm a bit concerned because of the horror stories I've read of the electronic locks not opening. Cost of labor after the 1 year warranty ranges from $150-$600 for replacing the lock if it fails. Just wondering if any of you fellas have had any issues or know of anyone that has had issues with there Cannon Safes. Price will be $699.99 on it & that makes it really tempting to buy.

I have several safes, one of which, is a Cannon. I keep my cheapest guns in there for a reason. Overall the thing feels flimsy and weak. The lock also has me cringe every time I put in the code, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, lol. With that $700 I would hold on and save a little more and get something nice, maybe a little smaller, but something tougher. I got mine because I got a smoking deal on it.

If you have to have something that holds 48 guns for $700 then go for it, it's better than storing them in the closet. Just remember, you get what you pay for....

Comment

I just bought a Cannon Scout S19 from sams about a week ago and so far I'm very happy with it... I got the best I could for the money I had available to spend and now my guns aren't just stored on the closet shelves...
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I've got a Cannon safe I picked up from Academy a couple years ago. So far I have no complaints for what I have and the money I spent on it. Mine has the digital keypad only and I've yet to have any problems knock on wood.

Comment

I thought you can remove the keypad and use a actual key to get in?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            I thought you can remove the keypad and use a actual key to get in?
            Some that I looked at were that way, mine however didn't include a key nor have a place to put a key into had it had one.

Comment

Working...
            X