Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    Thanks for the info CJ
    They work, they are cheap. They don't look pretty and they have cheap grips but they can be turned into something halfway decent if you choose to. I would be wary about using one for concealed carry. Although with ball ammo they usually run 100% but they leave an aura of distrust (at least in my experience).
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Terrible gun. I have never seen so many FTE's, and FTF's in my life. Shit the one I had wouldn't even drop the hammer after the second round on several occasions. Not to mention don't get it wet it will rust like no other. Not one, but almost everyone of our guns had issues. We are back to Sig's and Glock's now.
      I did not know that about the gun. Was/is your experience isolated? I see negative reviews on just about any gun made. If this is widespread on this SR1911, I would like to know. I have sold maybe a dozen of these with not a single call from customers on reliability.

CJ, or DOHCTR any feedback here?

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        I have this one (not my pic) and rather enjoy it.

Told ya!
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Not really. All I know is I like my entry level 1911s to be Colts for value retention.

I like 1911s, but if the barrel even has a little bit of sponginess in the rear or slop up front then run.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
            Told ya!
            Indeed sir

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Although with ball ammo they usually run 100% but they leave an aura of distrust (at least in my experience).
              That sucks. That gun was one of the straightest shooters I've had.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                That sucks. That gun was one of the straightest shooters I've had.
                Accuracy was fine, I ended up giving it to my mother in law and she gave it to my brother in law. All of the RIA's shoot fine, they can be problematic, and they only shoot ball ammo. Hollow points never run for shit, and they are pretty damn picky with ammo. I could never get it to shoot cast .45 worth a damn, it only liked 230gr ball FMJ. No matter how much work I put into it, just couldn't trust it with anything other than ball ammo. I've had a full size as well and had the same experience, but it was a little less picky with the types of ball ammo.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                  From what I understand, if you have a shoot(CCW) the D.A. impounds your gun. I have heard it is hard to get back even if the Grand Jury no-bills you.

I would hate to donate a Kimber or Colt to the city. Maybe some of the LEO's can elaborate on the policy.

I sold a gun to a member here, because the DA still had his XDS after a "good shoot".
                  LE will seize the firearm as evidence. If the case is no-billed, the firearm is typically released to you. If there are problems, set it for a property hearing in JP court. You win, the judge signs a court order to release your property back to you. Evidence in criminal cases (or investigations) is held for evidentiary reasons, but should never be considered "donated" to the PD.

Comment

I know of many cases where the police have not taken a firearm used by a civilian for defense of themselves of property. I do not know where the "the police will always take your gun" mantra comes from, because it certainly is not the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      I know of many cases where the police have not taken a firearm used by a civilian for defense of themselves of property. I do not know where the "the police will always take your gun" mantra comes from, because it certainly is not the truth.

Thanks, Its something that you do not want to think about. When this customer was telling me his story, it made me not want to carry an expensive gun for a CCW. I have also heard that if you are a NRA member, they will help represent you in recovering your property.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                        LE will seize the firearm as evidence. If the case is no-billed, the firearm is typically released to you. If there are problems, set it for a property hearing in JP court. You win, the judge signs a court order to release your property back to you. Evidence in criminal cases (or investigations) is held for evidentiary reasons, but should never be considered "donated" to the PD.
                        Correct

Thanks, Its something that you do not want to think about. When this customer was telling me his story, it made me not want to carry an expensive gun for a CCW. I have also heard that if you are a NRA member, they will help represent you in recovering your property.
                        So what's a few hundred more dollars when your life is on the line? Not how it happens but just my thought on it.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          Correct

So what's a few hundred more dollars when your life is on the line? Not how it happens but just my thought on it.
                          Expensive does not necessarily equate to dependability. It helps for sure but it is not a guarantee.

Comment

Expensive does not necessarily equate to dependability. It helps for sure but it is not a guarantee.
                            I love my Umarex R350CR, The Turks know how to make some good guns. I need to try hollow points but I haven't had a failure yet. It is my primary carry gun

Comment

You dead set on a .45 cal? I have a very nice CZ 9mm 75D PCR Police Compact Decocker.

price is in the 560.00 range + tax + NICS. No NICS if a CHL is held.

These are great guns.

560 + tax is a hundred bucks too much for that gun. just saying

Comment

Cz75s were a few hundred bucks a while back when they really started pushing them in the USA, and have since gone up a lot. The model he posted is a premium one, and his price is quite fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X