X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme precision shooting

Stumbled upon this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qatf5g7lzk[/ame]

Anyone here done this or know anyone who has? Any personal experience or insight?

Seen many at shoots. Bench unlimited/rail has a lot less shooters so many of the big shoots are far. Its mostly old gunsmiths that compete.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

stupid..

Comment

Taking the human equation out defeats the purpose of shooting in the first place, especially in a competition.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I don't believe so. I think it allows ppl to show just how accurate a bullet can be. It removes human shooting error. This allows better testing of load, projectiles, powder, brass, etc. It takes a form of weaponry that hasn't had much of an upgrade in many years, and pushes it to the limits of what it can do

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            stupid..
            Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Taking the human equation out defeats the purpose of shooting in the first place, especially in a competition.
            You guys are goofy. There's no wrong kind of gun.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

A friend of mine builds those guns and BCGs at Stiller Precision. Nice toys that those guys have...
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                You guys are goofy. There's no wrong kind of gun.
                I see nothing wrong with super accurate gun. I just don't see the point in taking yourself out of the equation. Shooting is a skill that you practice and is supposed to be fun. This kind of shooting seems like none of that to me.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with super accurate gun. I just don't see the point in taking yourself out of the equation. Shooting is a skill that you practice and is supposed to be fun. This kind of shooting seems like none of that to me.
                  You'd still be the guy building it, so personal skill is still a factor.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

You still have powder, projectiles, brass, scope, wind speed/direction, etc that you would be governing. The only thing you're removing from the equation is the butt of the rifle on your shoulder. At what point do you consider the shooter removed from the equation, would using a sandbag or bipod partially remove the shooter?

Comment

All open br does is test who can read the wind the best on a given day.

On a side note the last gunsmith I used was one of the pioneers in building those things. I got to see it up close send it is a neat piece of engineering.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                      X