No announcement yet.

Anybody get their SA XD-S Back yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like several folks aren't happy with the trigger after they get em back. Having second thoughts about sending mine in, I like the way it shoots now.
    Jon

Comment

Im all for the full auto scenario, but the risk of striking the primer with slide release worries me. Ill send mine in sometime in November with hopes of having it in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
        Seems like several folks aren't happy with the trigger after they get em back. Having second thoughts about sending mine in, I like the way it shoots now.
        I'm sure the statement that they shoot better is just marketing bullshit to make it sound like this is an upgrade rather than fixing a design flaw. From what I've read so far the trigger is slightly heavier (less than 1 lb more) but smoother.
        I had put the full PRP spring kit in mine to begin with because I didn't like the factory pull weight.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
          I'm sure the statement that they shoot better is just marketing bullshit to make it sound like this is an upgrade rather than fixing a design flaw. From what I've read so far the trigger is slightly heavier (less than 1 lb more) but smoother.
          I had put the full PRP spring kit in mine to begin with because I didn't like the factory pull weight.
          Actually, that statement came from two different guys at GunsAmerica that did a side by side comparrison of the .45 & 9mm stock and "upgraded". Both guns shot better groups after the "upgrade". I hope they are right, if not I have a XDS .45 for sale.

Comment

I got mine back today. It is hard to say how much heavier the trigger feels after being without it for a month and a half, but to me it does possibly seem heavier than .5 lb. The break and reset are much more crisp than before, though. Also, having the 7 round magazine (which I was going to buy anyway) is really nice.

Ultimately, I haven't shot it yet so it is hard to say how it feels now, but I will let you guys know when I do if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Huls2304 View Post
              I got mine back today. It is hard to say how much heavier the trigger feels after being without it for a month and a half, but to me it does possibly seem heavier than .5 lb. The break and reset are much more crisp than before, though. Also, having the 7 round magazine (which I was going to buy anyway) is really nice.

Ultimately, I haven't shot it yet so it is hard to say how it feels now, but I will let you guys know when I do if you're interested.
              I am.
              Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I have yet to see mine returned, but I do get cutesy e mails from Springfield every few days or so. I was going to get my CHL with this one, so I'm missing it.

I'm really leaning towards giving my wife the XDS to replace her P225 and getting me an XDM compact 3.8" in 45.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  and getting me an XDM compact 3.8" in 45.
                  I have one that replaced my XDS for daily carry and I'm very happy with it.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Got my xds back today the trigger feels great !!!!!
                    I measured it and it weighs In at 4lbs 9oz

Gun been shoots better and more dead on than before. They sent a 7round mag for the wAit. Glad to have it back

Comment

Originally posted by JNH2010SS View Post
                      Got my xds back today the trigger feels great !!!!!
                      I measured it and it weighs In at 4lbs 9oz

Gun been shoots better and more dead on than before. They sent a 7round mag for the wAit. Glad to have it back
                      That is interesting. Mine had a PRP spring kit that I put in it and the trigger was 5 lbs. Now that I got it back it's 8.5 so they must have put all new factory springs in it.
                      I don't like the heavy factory trigger so I guess I'll be ordering another kit from PRP to do it again. At least it's cheap but the disconnector spring was kind of a bitch to change out. And of course they are out of stock now!

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                        That is interesting. Mine had a PRP spring kit that I put in it and the trigger was 5 lbs. Now that I got it back it's 8.5 so they must have put all new factory springs in it.
                        I don't like the heavy factory trigger so I guess I'll be ordering another kit from PRP to do it again. At least it's cheap but the disconnector spring was kind of a bitch to change out. And of course they are out of stock now!
                        Yeah I know I was stressing it would comeback very stiff. IMO it feels like it was before I sent it in trigger wise. If I were you put about 200 rounds in it and dry fire it a little on xdtalk by doing that the new spring is loosening up a bit.

Good luck !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JNH2010SS View Post
                          Yeah I know I was stressing it would comeback very stiff. IMO it feels like it was before I sent it in trigger wise. If I were you put about 200 rounds in it and dry fire it a little on xdtalk by doing that the new spring is loosening up a bit.

Good luck !!!!!!
                          I do plan to put it through it's paces again to prove I can trust it. I'm just glad I reload or it would be at least $80 for 200 rounds of just round nose .45 ammo these days, let alone running defense ammo through it. From experience I know the trigger is not going to get 3.5 lbs lighter just from shooting it. I'll be putting another PRP kit in when they get them back in stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X