Bersa Thunder 380's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bersa Thunder 380's

Just curious what you guys thought of these?

Considering one for carry.

Junky.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I have one and it's only failure was due to faulty ammo. They are fairly rough and crudely built.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Junky.
        Hate to hear that. Loved the way it fit my hand with the mag extension on there...

Been looking for a cc pistol, not a fan of most I have considered... was looking at the lcp, p3at, etc) but they are just too dang small for my hands. I'm a full size 1911 lover, so I'm having trouble finding something that fits my hands comfortably, that is still small and light enough that it can and will be carried.

Didn't think it would be this difficult finding something I liked!!

Comment

i bought a used one in 1993. i have since given it to my baby brother, it still has yet to fire or eject.

edit: not sure if it was called the thunder way back then, but its the same gun as far as i can tell.

edit 2: buy a glock 26 or 27. i love mine, carry it daily.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

If you want a 380 get a west german ppk, sig 232, colt mustang, hk4, or a mauser HSC.

Comment

I'm open to other calibers, just liked the small frames of the 380's. I'd assume 9mm wouldn't be too much difference in weight and size of frame.

Comment

Depends on the 9mm I suppose. Check out the new Boberg. Alternately the safest most overbuilt carry pistol you could buy would be a P7 PSP. I have yet to find a better carry piece.

Comment

Nah, 9mm isn't too much. My Sig P938 is awesome. If you're going to get a cheap 9mm pocket pistol, though, the Kel-Tec PF-9 seems like the way to go. I bought one for some friends, and the love it. George Zimmerman also seemed to be glad of his, for what it's worth.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    If you want a 380 get a west german ppk, sig 232, colt mustang, hk4, or a mauser HSC.
                    This. This. I believe the Bersa Thunder was basically a cheap copy of the Walther PPk/Sig P232. So if you like the way it felt then look at the Walther or Sig.

Marcus
                    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Ive had more than 10 of these ....currently own 3 and they all have been flawless except one...and it was fixed by bersa no questions

the one that broke had a dead trigger after about 45rnds(it was a known problem with that batch)

id say go for it.... the ones Dohctr listed were all almost double the price but if you can afford more id say find something better quality...
                      the PPK I tried had a sharper edge on the grip I didn't like and the slide was considerably harder to manipulate

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
                        Ive had more than 10 of these ....currently own 3 and they all have been flawless except one...and it was fixed by bersa no questions

the one that broke had a dead trigger after about 45rnds(it was a known problem with that batch)

id say go for it.... the ones Dohctr listed were all almost double the price
                        Why on earth would you buy ten of those? I could understand picking one up, if things were tight (emphasis on one), but ten? You could afford two P7's at that rate!

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          Why on earth would you buy ten of those? I could understand picking one up, if things were tight (emphasis on one), but ten? You could afford two P7's at that rate!
                          ive had them at various times....my friends were upgrading and I buy theirs most of the time

I didn't go seeking a bersa just ended up with them ....I can usually pick them up for about $175 when I am buying them from people I know.

Comment

If you have over ten friends that have owned Bersa Thunders, you need to switch country clubs, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              If you have over ten friends that have owned Bersa Thunders, you need to switch country clubs, dude.
                              I work in IT they are all cheap asses....I tend to buy way more high end guns if im buying for myself.

I originally only purchased 1 about 6 years ago for myself...I still have it and its still like new....the rest I sell for profit

that being said...they still shoot really good for the money

Comment

Working...
                              X