Is this normal for a new DPMS rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal for a new DPMS rifle?

Cleaning my rifle for the first time and noticed a few things I thought were odd. It may just be the results of packing lube, test fire, and handling but I wanted to see what you guys who have bought AR's before thought. I can live with all of them if they are normal, just not sure what to expect.

Scrape in finish along the bottom of the Bolt Carrier:

Discoloration on bolt face (brass color) and on front of carrier (silver color)

Gunk in breach:

Banged up flash hider:

Forward assist, but no "scallops" on the carrier for it to catch:
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Fixed

Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Thanks, I grabbed the wrong links. Should be fixed in the OP.
      "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Comment

Looks like they put a used, mismatched bolt in that rifle. That level of overall quality control is about normal for them.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I ran 4 patches down the barrel. from left to right 1 dry, 2 wet, one dry. Seems too dirty for a new rifle?
          (Note - I just put a few drops of oil on the 2 patches, I did not use any solvent)

Comment

where did you buy it from?
            Big Rooster Racing
            1985 Mustang GT

Comment

normal for dpms quality imho.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                Looks like they put a used, mismatched bolt in that rifle. That level of overall quality control is about normal for them.
                Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                normal for dpms quality imho.
                so dpms is below average quality on their products?
                sigpic

Comment

ive known two people to who have had to send new rifles back for work. I personally got one from a store, and when i took it home and looked it over good i just took it back and got a rra.

Comment

The discoloration is normal, just brass marks..
                    The gunk, seems to be excessive for only being test fired. Is the gas key aligned and staked properly?
                    Flash hider, should look new...
                    The dirty barrel, common on newly mfg barrels. The lands haven't smoothed out and are catching everything...
                    DPMS offers rifles with not serration on bolts to save the buyer some coin...
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Where did you buy this from?

Call DPMS and ask if they would ever put a NONforward assist bolt in a reciever with forward assist.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

The only thing I see that I would be upset about would be the bolt. Call them and they should make that right.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I posted this on ARFCOM as well, DPMS dropped in and commented with this:

Originally posted by DPMS
                          We do test fire all rifles a minimum of 10 rounds and do not clean them to verify to the dealer/customer it is in working order. Looking at the pictures it looks like the dealer "tested" it a little also but shouldn't be anything to worry about. As for the missing the serrations, the assist pushes on the rear shoulder of the carrier unlike what you see on a AR-15.
                          I looked into the bolt deal and this seems to be accurate, at least for their rifles. Learn something new every day I guess.

Don't remember the name off the top of my head and the receipt is at home. I haven't contacted them so I don't want to throw their name out just yet anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X