Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New world record 5 shot, 100 yard group

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...th-0077-group/

One of the most remarkable shooting records — and one that has stood for four decades — is the 0.009″ five-shot group credited to Mac McMillan. The NBRSA Light Varmint Record of .009″ for five shots (at 100 yards) was set on 9/23/1973, forty years ago. Experts have considered that record “untouchable”, “unassailable”, in other words “unbreakable.”

Well records are meant to be broken. It appears that Texan Mike Stinnett has broken the “unbreakable” .009″ NBRSA record. Mike shot a .0077″ five-shot group at 100 yards in a registered short-range benchrest match at Denton, Texas. This will be a new NBRSA record (and all-time world record) if approved. Mike was shooting a .30-caliber cartridge, listed as a 30 PPC, but there’s some talk that the cases were formed from a Lapua 6.5 Grendel case. No matter — this is a mind-blowing accomplishment, particularly considering that Stinnett was shooting a .30-caliber gun, which has considerably more recoil than a 22 PPC or 6 PPC.

Forum member Wes J. (aka “P1ZombieKiller”) reports: “My buddy Mike Stinnett was just confirmed as having beat the world record LV group at 100 yards in a registered match. His group measured .0077″ and he did it with his 30 caliber.”

Wes adds: “Mike shoots thousands of rounds a year… I have sat on the bench right next to him several times, and he has rattled off five shots down range in a matter of 2-3 seconds, and the groups have measured in the .1s. The guy can flat shoot. His wind reading abilities are mind-blowing. When he gets the right condition, he is fast. REALLY FAST.”

Impressive and awesome it was done in our area which isn't exactly known for calm winds.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

any info on his setup?
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        any info on his setup?
        Most likely a BAT or Panda/Stole (sp?) Action glued into a BR class stock with one of the big guys tube.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          any info on his setup?
          HK 91 rechambered. Otherwise stock.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Putting too much stock in HK right thur, lol

Originally posted by dee View Post
            Most likely a BAT or Panda/Stole (sp?) Action glued into a BR class stock with one of the big guys tube.
            This is what I was thinking considering he is getting 5 shots off in 2-3 seconds with that accuracy....I know there is custom work in there but you still have to have a great foundation.
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

It was an AR15 wight iron sights. Or a Glock 17 stock.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Stamped reciever AK47 in auto.
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Shit.. we all know we can make some 200 yard groups like that. All it takes is a ar and some handloads.

Yes im being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                    Shit.. we all know we can make some 200 yard groups like that. All it takes is a ar and some handloads.
                    Don’t forget the Accu wedge...makes all the difference

and the beer, helps you relax and concentrate more. It’s like PED's for the shooting world

Honestly though, I do wish they would go over his setup, loads but I am sure that he is more reluctant to provide that info more so now than ever before.

Comment

In all seriousness how do they measure a group that small? Do they have a metrologist out there or something?
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Can anyone Find any pics of the said target?
                        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I dont care how good his equipment is. THat takes serious skill, or very very very good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                            Can anyone Find any pics of the said target?
                            From the OP link:
                            NOTE: We will publish photos of Mike Stinnett and his target as soon as they are available.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

In all seriousness how do they measure a group that small? Do they have a metrologist out there or something?
                              The Benchrest guys on the other board were saying that they send the target off to a rules committee and they measure it with some kind of electron microscope. They had a thread on Benchrest Central about him shooting that group a month or so ago and that the target was sent off to the "committee" to see if it was a going to beat McMIllan's .009. Then word came today that it did indeed beat Mac McMillan's. I can not even begin to think how you shoot a group that small. Unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                              X