Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
    Question for the AR Guys...

I think I want to end up with a red dot or something similar for optics...

If I want to run a light also, will they work together or counter- act each other?

And do I need to swap to a quad-rail to be able to mount a light?

Hopefully this makes sense... Morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
    You can mount as much stuff as you want. You're allowed to turn things off if you don't need them. For instance, I can use my flip up sights through my Aimpoint. I just turn it off. If you have different features, you need to practice shooting accordingly.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
      You can mount as much stuff as you want. You're allowed to turn things off if you don't need them. For instance, I can use my flip up sights through my Aimpoint. I just turn it off. If you have different features, you need to practice shooting accordingly.
      Makes sense... I guess I could have thought of that .

Is there a good way to mount a light with a carbine handguard? I really don't want to go the quad rail route just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        All 5.56mm barrels can fire .223. Only Wylde clambered .223 can fire 5.56mm.
        Which is why I just got a 5.56 barrel...
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Is there a good way to mount a light with a carbine handguard? I really don't want to go the quad rail route just yet.

Those attach to the holes in the regular handgaurds.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Makes sense... I guess I could have thought of that .

You can buy a pack of 2 rails that will mount to the top or bottom of a standard handguard. Pretty cheap solution, that is what I use.

They also have offset mounts you may be able to mount if you are using a flat top AR.

They also have mounts that will clamp on to the barrel. I have never used one but I wouldn't suggest that route over the other two, it seems like it would not be as sturdy (seems like, i can't say that for sure).
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

As mentioned before you would need a lower parts kit, a cheap stock, and BCG/CH. You're in luck though because they have the cheapest price on BCG/CH's I've seen as well.

Charging handle:

BCG:

internally chrome plated as well.

Cheap stock:

Lower parts kit:

$275.00 - Upper
              $110.00 - BCG
              $14.00 - Charging handle
              $39.95 - Stock
              $60.00 - Lower Parts kit
              --------------
              $498.95 - This is as cheap as they get.

I usually can find BCG/CH's for around $80 used - however there isn't a single item above that isn't just about the cheapest I've seen.
              With all of this, and this stripped lower http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?i...13&dir=700|863 shipping and the 20.00 FFL fee total build will be $665.00

This is my first AR build, I've watched a few videos on youtube I think I can handle it.

Thanks guys for all the links

Comment

You could also get a Del-ton kit for $465

Del-Ton, Inc AR-15 AR15 16' mid-length rifle kit. AR15 AR-15 16' rifle kit includes upper receiver, mid length barrel, handguards, buttstock and lower parts kit. Completly assembled upper assembly has been test fired and head spaced.

Comment

Has anyone's shipped yet? I am still waiting on shipping verification.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    Has anyone's shipped yet? I am still waiting on shipping verification.
                    Dsa usually takes a while to ship from my experience.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Dsa usually takes a while to ship from my experience.
                      I was afraid of that. I ordered a gas tube from them one time for an FAL and it took a month or so to get it. I assumed it was because that particular part was fairly obscure, but it seems that they just take their time when it comes to shipping.

They sure will hit your credit card fast though.

Comment

Originally posted by allan View Post
                        you could also get a del-ton kit for $465

http://www.del-ton.com/rifle_kit_p/rkt104.htm
                        shit

Comment

Mine Shipped...

And that was only because I called and asked... The guy said we have some in stock, I will get one out to you... Like they had not even looked at my order.

Comment

Mine Shipped...

And that was only because I called and asked... The guy said we have some in stock, I will get one out to you... Like they had not even looked at my order.
                            Sweet. I called yesterday and the guy said my order was just waiting to be picked up by the ups truck. Let us hope they werent just stalling for time or something.

Comment

Yep,

Tracking shows mine to be here on Monday!

Comment

did yall ever get them

Comment

Working...
                                X