Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo Storage

How are you guys storing ammo?

For bulk ammo, I store loose in 30 cal cans(1250 rounds of 9mm, 600 rounds of 5.56 etc. per can) All other ammo I just keep in their boxes.

I also keep all my mags full minus one round.

Problem I'm having is my ammo staying in the boxes is stacked so deep I'm having to move everything out of the way just to get to the correct caliber I need. Not to mention now I'm storing ammo in a locked closet. because I'm flat out of room.

I'm to the point I'm about to buy a bigger safe to put my firearms in and keep my current safe just for ammunition, extra mags, and assorted other items.

This still wouldn't solve my problem of stacking ammo deep and moving around. So does anyone have any ideas, or just moving thousands of rounds of ammo around to get to a certain box just part of the joys?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I have some of the rolling low profile plastic bins that I keep most of my ammo in. Can only stack 2-3 deep. Have the different calibers/types stacked together. Grab the top box of whichever I need and go. Other ammo that I don't shoot often, like my SD rounds are in a 30cal ammo can.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I keep all my self defense carry ammo in the safe some loaded in mags others in the box. For bulk range ammo, and I have a lot, I keep them in the closet organized on shelves by caliber etc. I have a spare Stack-on safe that I want to build shelfs inside to hold all my bulk ammo in, as I seem to be over growing my closet.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I use lower end pelican cases and those plano waterproof cases for the small ammo that I use. 22lr/9mm Bigger and the case gets heavy, but easier to move around. Just use ammo cans for the bigger calibers I use. 30-06 and 223
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post

I'm to the point I'm about to buy a bigger safe to put my firearms in and keep my current safe just for ammunition, extra mags, and assorted other items.
          As soon as I get my bigger safe moved to the house this is my plan, I'm going to gut my current safe and build some shelving in it that can actually hold the weight of ammo. Right now one closet in my house is about half ammo and considering how much that stuff cost now I really want to get it locked up.

Comment

I just use 30cal, 50cal, and 40mm cans. I keep each one cartridge specific to keep it simple. Some in boxes, some loose depending on amounts. I guess it's about 8 30's, 4 50's, and 2 40's to keep it all organized, with one of the 40's holding mags.

Comment

I have space for your overflow...
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Sounds like I'm already doing what other people are doing.
                "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                  I have space for your overflow...
                  It's taken me years to get to the point I am now.

Every time I went to wal-mart I would buy ammo. $100-200 every time buying their bulk packs of several calipers. It's really added up lately.

Comment

Ammo cans and a warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      Ammo cans and a warehouse.
                      Eh, a guy I work with just uses all his underground storage containers.

Comment

I've been considering a 4 or 5 drawer lateral filing cabinet for ammo and loose gun parts. Nortex Office Furniture is local to us and has excellent prices on these cabinets that normally cost 5 to 600$ and up.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                          It's taken me years to get to the point I am now.

Every time I went to wal-mart I would buy ammo. $100-200 every time buying their bulk packs of several calipers. It's really added up lately.
                          Nice. I would buy a box every other grocery trip, not a bulk pack. Kudos to you for fitting that amount in your budget!
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                          X