S&W 500 rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W 500 rifle

I was playing around looking for a rifle that would chamber the 500 magnum round and found this:

I was looking more to prove a political point about people who are terrified of the AR platform but have never considered rounds that actually pack a punch but what do yall think? Anyone know of any other rifles that chamber this?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Those are supposed to be top shelf pieces. There are Thompson-Centers, and Handi-Rifles, but those are supposed to be brutal. CJ posted a build thread from another forum that was about a Mosin build in one. Honestly, once you start getting into bolt-actions, there are more powerful options, or options that will get the job done for less money. .45-70, and .458 win offer better options, in my opinion, to a .500 S&W rifle. That doesn't mean I don't want one.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I have no desire to shoot one, myself. Would a 50bmg not be a more readily available cartridge? This is assuming that you do not reload, of course.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I never get my revolver out anymore, but I am always a fan of having multiple weapons that fire the same round
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          I have no desire to shoot one, myself. Would a 50bmg not be a more readily available cartridge? This is assuming that you do not reload, of course.
          I'd bet it would be more expensive.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I wish FN/Winchester would get into this game either the 500 or better yet the 460S&W.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Damn, I'm really thinking I need a lever action as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                I never get my revolver out anymore, but I am always a fan of having multiple weapons that fire the same round
                I agree with that.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

There was a place in Lubbock that made a pump action rifle chambered in 500 and they moved operations to Arizona. I don't know whatever came of that.

But if you took a long rifled barrel for a pump shotgun, and shot modern saboted slugs with it, I think you would have essentially the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X